Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung galaxy s2 vs note

Quote Originally Posted by Elimentals View Post
    <flame suit>

Neither: Get a real phone not a plastic toy, go for the MOTO RAZR MAXX, Way more battery life, Kevlar body and water resistant to boot.

</flame suit>
    Elimentals, you naughty boy!

Since you took the liberty to compare an almost 1 year old phone (Galaxy S2), with a phone that was only announced in January 2012, I felt a bit adventurous myself and picked the newly announced Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD to compare your DROID with :

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...2=4417#results

And I stopped at the screen resolution, without going any further. The Moto is outclassed already. No contest anymore.

Bye-bye Moto.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shamalh108 View Post
    Its a matter of Size and S-pen, if you have a hands on with the note and you like it, go for the note, if not go for the sgs2. . If you not too concerned with performance and you want a physically strong phone the RaZr is a great option but keep in mind in terms of camera, GPU, CPU, display, the razr can't match the quality of the SGs2 or Note... I have both the note and sgs2 so if you need any more info send me a message
    The RAZR has the same camera 8 MP and CPU 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9, also the Super AMOLED screen of the RAZR is 540 x 960 pixels vs SG2's 480 x 800 Making the RAZR 256 pp vs Samsungs 217 ppi. add to that the RAZR uses the same GPU chipset as the iPhone, so basically I will say it more than match the SG2.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    Elimentals, you naughty boy!

Since you took the liberty to compare an almost 1 year old phone (Galaxy S2), with a phone that was only announced in January 2012, I felt a bit adventurous myself and picked the newly announced Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD to compare your DROID with :

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...2=4417#results

And I stopped at the screen resolution, without going any further. The Moto is outclassed already. No contest anymore.

Bye-bye Moto.
    Holy cow, didnt see that one....thnx

Why dammit why.... they dont make it easy for people who is about to get new phones. My contract to be renewed end of feb.... what to do...

And no I dont want a Note, I have a tablet already.

Holy cow, didnt see that one....thnx

Why dammit why.... they dont make it easy for people who is about to get new phones. My contract to be renewed end of feb.... what to do...

And no I dont want a Note, I have a tablet already.
    The Skyrocket has a dual-core 1.5Ghz CPU and graphics is Mali400X2.

It will slap the Moto senseless.

<flame suit>

Neither: Get a real phone not a plastic toy, go for the MOTO RAZR MAXX, Way more battery life, Kevlar body and water resistant to boot.

</flame suit>
    A kevlar body and water resistance is probably a good thing if you're going into a war zone or the rain forest.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dom1n8tr1x View Post
    A kevlar body and water resistance is probably a good thing if you're going into a war zone or the rain forest.

That describes SA ?

Actually its the battery that attracts me more than anything else.

That describes SA ?

I plug my phone in when I go to bed at night, so not really fussed about battery life.

If I go away for the weekend and won't be able to charge the phone, I just disable 3G/packet data network.

I am still able to make calls and sms & the phone will last more than a few days. Sorted.

That describes SA ?

You do however get extended batteries for the S2. I also looked at getting the RAZR when I got my S2 but in the end the S2 looked more attractive to me.

On a side note, I have an old Samsung Z500 - tough little phone. I have dropped it onto the ground and it once fell into the toilet but it just kept on working. That's where I got to love Samsung phones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    I plug my phone in when I go to bed at night, so not really fussed about battery life.

If I go away for the weekend and won't be able to charge the phone, I just disable 3G/packet data network.

I am still able to make calls and sms & the phone will last more than a few days. Sorted.
    I guess that's true, anyway seeing that my Xperia Play lasts for 5-6 days on a single charge I can always use that if I really cant get to a charger. Reading up on the Skyrocket, it does seems like a decent phone. Wonder when will it be out?

It does look like something I'll use.
    Last edited by Elimentals; 22-01-2012 at 06:52 PM.

I have the sgs2 i love every thing about the phone
    but i will buy the note to very soon
    If it walks like a duck and kwaks like a duck ..its a duck

I guess that's true, anyway seeing that my Xperia Play lasts for 5-6 days on a single charge I can always use that if I really cant get to a charger. Reading up on the Skyrocket, it does seems like a decent phone. Wonder when will it be out?

It does look like something I'll use.
    It's actually a little bit misleading, as the Skyrocket is only destined for the American market, me thinks.

The one we're most probably will get, is simply called the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD.

Here's a link to this baby : http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/sams...d-s2-50005350/

At the moment it's only available for the South Korean market, which is a bit naughty from Samsung. I feel neglected.

<flame suit>

</flame suit>
    The "plastic toy" not only rips apart the "real phone" in benchmarks but in real life actual usage to, MUCH faster and smoother, excellent display, better camera, a GPU powered web browser that can even handle HD1080P flash video without a single glitch, better CPU and despite being plastic its very durable and lite as a feather.

RAZR's display is swallowed by the bezel, that phone is unecessarily bigger.
    Samsung GALAXY Note 4 LTE 32GB Charcoal Black
    Apple iPad 4 16GB WIFI+LTE White
    "World can't hold me, too much ambition."

The RAZR has the same camera 8 MP and CPU 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9, also the Super AMOLED screen of the RAZR is 540 x 960 pixels vs SG2's 480 x 800 Making the RAZR 256 pp vs Samsungs 217 ppi. add to that the RAZR uses the same GPU chipset as the iPhone, so basically I will say it more than match the SG2.
    The CPUs are different, the GS2 has a Exynos4210 made by Samsung, with the most powerful GPU in Android, the Mali400-MP, while the RAZR has a TI OMAP4430/60 and a PowerVR SGX540 GPU, the same GPU found in the old Galaxy S
    The Exynos in the GS2 is so powerful its comperable to the Tegra3 in the Asus Transformer Prime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsepz_011 View Post
    The Exynos in the GS2 is so powerful its comperable to the Tegra3 in the Asus Transformer Prime.
    Yes suuuuure it does....

Benchmak to back up your claims. I know the GPU is slower but it does support more software, and yes I know you can fix it with chainfire.

Edit: Oh and before I forget to mention it I am refering to proper benchmarks not the crap that try and place a 800x400 GPU score next to a 540 x 960 or 1920x1080 score...

IE: Read http://www.anandtech.com/show/4686/s...t-redefined/17
    Last edited by Elimentals; 23-01-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Yes suuuuure it does....

Benchmak to back up your claims. I know the GPU is slower but it does support more software, and yes I know you can fix it with chainfire.
    Here you go:

Take note, the GS2 and GNote use the same CPU, GNote is just clocked higher at 1.4GHz, also remember they run Android2.3, the ICS update will make them 1.5x to 2x faster, take that into account and you realise they got the GNexus destroyed and are in Transformer Prime territory.
    Im just waiting for someone with a GS2 on 4.0.3 leak to do this benchmark now to totaly prove me right, someone at XDA did it on a Sensation, and its scores on ICS were 2x what they were in 2.3.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast