Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst 12345 67891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket: Proteas tour of New Zealand - 2012

Agree that the contest is probably between Morkel and Lopsy
    Real Men Don't Rape! [Lead SA]
    Report rape and sexual abuse. You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.

Quote Originally Posted by Devill View Post

LobsY is left handed and that could help with certain strategical elements (think footmarks for tahir etc etc.).
    True, just think he lacks the pace and/or swing to be an attacking bowler at Test level. Having a left-hander is handy () though, and Parnell is dire at the moment.

Wouldn't mind seeing Steyn, Philander, de Lange, Tahir.

Quote Originally Posted by McT View Post
    Agree that the contest is probably between Morkel and Lopsy
    Don't know what I was thinking yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Dm7 View Post
    True, just think he lacks the pace and/or swing to be an attacking bowler at Test level. Having a left-hander is handy () though, and Parnell is dire at the moment.

Wouldn't mind seeing Steyn, Philander, de Lange, Tahir.
    Lol, that does sound good. M Morkel can be so freaking brilliant but he is not shaping as I had hoped

I agree on the fact that I would like t see lobsy bowl 10km/h faster, but he actually does get a lot of movement op the pitch if the pitch is a bit helpful.

De lange I will not yet call a success as he was bowling on a SA pitch against a struggling Sri Lankan side, but I will say that he grabbed the chance given to him.

Parnell was marked as the left handed Steyn, but he has really been struggling with his bowling.

the future of SA fast bowling looks a lot rosier than one or two years ago

Wonder if there is a up and coming spinner in SA.
    Last edited by Devill; 26-01-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

LobsY is left handed and that could help with certain strategical elements (think footmarks for tahir etc etc.).
    Being a left arm bowler means that he would create rough outside off stump to the right hander. That's only really useful to an off-spinner. Right arm bowlers create the rough for leg spinners.
    Solve two of the world's major problems: feed the homeless to the hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    Being a left arm bowler means that he would create rough outside off stump to the right hander. That's only really useful to an off-spinner. Right arm bowlers create the rough for leg spinners.
    Maybe we have a plan against left handers.

Also isn't Tahir known for his googlies? Leggy leggy leggy googly turning sqaure from the rough.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Wonder if there is a up and coming spinner in SA.
    There is that leg-spinner from the Lions, but I know nothing about him - not even his name!

Don't see any reason why Duminy gets back into the test squad. Has done much at all in the fc he played for the cobras this season while others have been scoring big runs at domestic level. Another case of who you knows mattering more then form...

Quote Originally Posted by stefan9 View Post
    Don't see any reason why Duminy gets back into the test squad. Has done much at all in the fc he played for the cobras this season while others have been scoring big runs at domestic level. Another case of who you knows mattering more then form...
    I would have kept Rudolph at 6 and dropped Prince as he has also not been performing.

Who would you have called up in place of prince?
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

I would have kept Rudolph at 6 and dropped Prince as he has also not been performing.

Who would you have called up in place of prince?
    My first choice would have been elgar(but he is injured) but all of jj smuts,ingram,faf,bavuma and ontong have had good ss series with the bat.

I would have gone with either ingram or faf.

I agree with dropping prince and keeping rudolph, I don't agree with taking jp as the reserve batsmen since he hasn't earned it.

My first choice would have been elgar(but he is injured) but all of jj smuts,ingram,faf,bavuma and ontong have had good ss series with the bat.

I agree with dropping prince and keeping rudolph, I don't agree with taking jp as the reserve batsmen since he hasn't earned it.
    I also think I would take Faf as I think he could mature into a really good middle order test batsman. That and the fact that he can roll the arm over a bit if need be.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Based purely on current form then it appears Ontong is the right choice to be in the squad although i would slot him into the test side in place of JP.
    Other form players include Smuts and Cook.

Its ironic that they have persisted with de Lange even though he hasn't done much in FCC this season.

Supersport stats 2011/2012:

most runs
    most wickets
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I also think I would take Faf as I think he could mature into a really good middle order test batsman. That and the fact that he can roll the arm over a bit if need be.
    I disagree.Elgar needs to slot into that middle order position if Rudolph fails ,not Faf, for the following reasons.
    He's younger than Faf
    Has had more innings in FCC.
    Has a better average.
    He's a left hander who bowls left arm spin.

barring injury of course.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by DrYes View Post
    I disagree.Elgar needs to slot into that middle order position if Rudolph fails ,not Faf, for the following reasons.
    He's younger than Faf
    Has had more innings in FCC.
    Has a better average.
    He's a left hander who bowls left arm spin.

barring injury of course.
    I am never too worried about age for test players as imo you can play the game till you are 34-36 if your form holds up.

I really think Faf can become a good to great batsman and his bowling is also a step up from Elgar's.

You do make a very good point as to why we should take Elgar over Faf however.
    Last edited by Devill; 27-01-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Boucher:

“If I am selected to tour England, then I intend to make that my final tour with the national team. After that it will be time for someone else to take over the gloves and for me to focus on the next stage of my life. “

Quote Originally Posted by Dm7 View Post
    Boucher:
    Nice one Boucher.

Good for you to go out with with your head still held high.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst 12345 67891555 ... LastLast