Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast

Thread: MTN Uncapped Lite throttled since 2012/02/01

Hi guys could mtn mean 256kb\s as in actual download speed? like 2mb per sec because i have downloaded like 100gb since the first of feb at a solid speed of 200kb a bit slower in the day like 50kb but at night it reaches 200kb just wondering

I hope this is the case? this is south africa maybe they dont know the correct terms. So i am not gonna say anything

Tested last night again (08 Feb 2012) 350Kb/s download, Downloaded 10Gigs over night.
    VPS locally hosted, Windows or Linux - R149pm!
    Uncapped 10Mbps ADSL - R549pm!
    www.buzybuy.com - Your personal ISP

Guys. I would make sure that you guys are on the right contract just in case. Go to mtn active!

And if you are please tell me

100% sure im on unlimited got an sms and my bill last month was R300

As dit pap reen moet jy skep. Ek gaan haal solank my pot

Ok, i think i'll have to go for this then... I cant wait to have internet in Worcester any longer...

dude you from worcester? Me too! mtn internet speeds reach just above 1 mb there. rouxpark area. So yah make sure

Oh cool sile119, yeah i'm in Van Rebeek Park. I really hope the Uncapped Lite throttled speeds people have been reporting dont change (~200kB/s) ^_^ Cause that'll be awesome!

Oh siht . . . Looks like the party is over. I am back on 5KB a second WTF is going on? Isn't that supposed to be more like 25KB a sec while capped? MTN big fail once again. I am happy for the chaps who are still scoring

Hey Guys

Okay so for the 4 months with mtn uncapped lite I must admit I went crazy and downloaded close to 300gb lol which was awesome but anyway then came the big day 01 Feb 2012 and the fair use policy kicks in (3Gb at normal speed then 256kbs there after). So wake on 01/02/12 and straight to speedtest ALREADY its 0.12 dowwnload speed lol! anyway restart modem and boom back up to 1.80mb download speed (my area newcastle kzn). Anyway carried on using untill my 3GB in finish and here I am all done and sitting at 256k. Quickly tested a torrent and 15kb/s OMG!!

So buzybuy please tell how are you STILL downloading at those speeds?? and from what torrent sites? also did you change any settings on the modem maybe?

My final thoughts on this product is well uhm . . . . so far at this 256k, I'm pretty impressed at the browsing speeds, pages still open fast, but maybe because its 3am lol will see in the day how it goes. BUT I THINK IF ENOUGH CONSUMERS THAT HAVE THIS PRODUCT PUT PRESSURE ON MTN THEY WILL CRACK AND TAKE AWAY THIS FAIR USE POLICY!

I'm out . . . .

Hey Guys

NOW I'M CONFUSED!!

Like I said in my previous post, I reached my 3GB cap or fair use policy, I know this because i used more than 1 bandwidth monitoring software to be sure, Anyway like i said that torrent I was busy downloading at 15kb/s has all of the sudden went up to 170kb/s !! and its stable here not moving at all

Are MTN confused at their internet speeds or whats going on? anyway i'm just going to ssssssssh lol lips are sealed!

Downloading 2 updates of about 7GB at 250kb/s and a torrent at about 180kb/s.

Sup

How is 250kb/s for general surfing like news24.com and soccernet.com?

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    Hi guys could mtn mean 256kb\s as in actual download speed? like 2mb per sec because i have downloaded like 100gb since the first of feb at a solid speed of 200kb a bit slower in the day like 50kb but at night it reaches 200kb just wondering
    What drugs are you on?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast