Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8ta Cut Me off at 9.56GB on 10GB bundle :mad:

8ta rep where is your response regarding this ??? As this is clearly not an issolated issue... 8ta is njot providing me with my full 10240mb of data ! Im so sick of having to fight for something i pay for this is ridiculous !

Blog Entries

Having the same issue with just normal prepaid - I buy 100MB at time and when I get to 5MB, I get my web connection paused.
    Frustrating - 1st hiccup and dislike that I've experienced thus far with 8ta.
    Financial Advisor with Old Mutual.
    PM a Brother for Financial Wealth, Funeral and Life Cover.

Grandmaster

How do you guys monitor your data usage?

I am using a 3G router, is there a way for me to monitor mine? at times i have 3 devices connected so i cant only monitor my laptops usage.

Im pretty sure i don't use 10GB every month but i always get the portal screen.
    - Insert Signature Here -

Netlimiter, than set the associated adapters to only be monitored or do individual counters per qdapter etc, its great piece of software

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by vatteva View Post
    Netlimiter, than set the associated adapters to only be monitored or do individual counters per qdapter etc, its great piece of software
    Thanks i will try that.
    - Insert Signature Here -

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by microduma View Post
    I was cut off yesterday at about 00H13 while having used only 622 megabyte of the allowed 10 000 megabyte on 8.ta Midnight Surfer

Interesting- my 8.ta reception was stronger than in a long time when it happened.

In my opinion, 8.ta Go Big/ Midnight Surfer may have been over-subscribed, and 8-ta may thus be controlling consumer consumption Eskom style- by data blackout until the next 24 hour period.

your internet access has been paused because your data bundle is almost depleted. Dial *180# to purchase a new bundle, or open your browser for more options.
    Other users have said that midnight surfer usually kicks in at 00h15. So you were probably using your daytime bundle.

Onnet.8ta.com, when you're connected using 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by StonerStuart View Post
    How do you guys monitor your data usage?

I am using a 3G router, is there a way for me to monitor mine? at times i have 3 devices connected so i cant only monitor my laptops usage.

Im pretty sure i don't use 10GB every month but i always get the portal screen.
    Never pat a burning dog

Quote Originally Posted by vatteva View Post
    8ta rep where is your response regarding this ??? As this is clearly not an issolated issue... 8ta is njot providing me with my full 10240mb of data ! Im so sick of having to fight for something i pay for this is ridiculous !
    Hi
    We would like to investigate.
    Please email your 8ta number, contact details and description of your query to social@8ta.com.
    Please mention MyBroadband and your username in the subject line.
    Thank you
    8ta

Quote Originally Posted by GeForce View Post
    Also my first month "You have used 9249 MB of data and have 0 MB available". I can still live with that if it weren't for the fact that after the 2nd week my connection kept dropping and weren't nearly as fast as it was before. I send an email about it but got no response whatsoever.
    Hi
    We did request feedback on your case 693381.
    Thank you
    8ta

Quote Originally Posted by microduma View Post
    I was cut off yesterday at about 00H13 while having used only 622 megabyte of the allowed 10 000 megabyte on 8.ta Midnight Surfer

Interesting- my 8.ta reception was stronger than in a long time when it happened.

In my opinion, 8.ta Go Big/ Midnight Surfer may have been over-subscribed, and 8-ta may thus be controlling consumer consumption Eskom style- by data blackout until the next 24 hour period.

your internet access has been paused because your data bundle is almost depleted. Dial *180# to purchase a new bundle, or open your browser for more options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhercules View Post
    Yeah wtf? I have only used about 350mb and this morning my data bundle was depleted according to them. I am so sick of all the issues with 8ta.
    Quote Originally Posted by latro View Post
    I can vouch for getting that sms, and was planning to make a stink about it but totally forgot.

Personally I'm running 2 smartphones on the 2+1gb special.

Have depleted several of those packages and got "paused" everytime they were almost done.

The "paused" data did carry over when I purchased another special, but I only checked once, not the other times I loaded bundles.

So I take it you will lose the "paused" data if you don't add another package before the expiry date which sucks.

And I had a total blackout of service after 12 last night, think they worked on the network our something, as I was able to connect, but no throughput.
    Hi
    We would like to investigate.
    Please email your 8ta number, contact details and description of your query to social@8ta.com.
    Please mention MyBroadband and your username in the subject line.
    Thank you
    8ta

Master

In response to the original post, and as noted in one of the early posts, in your first month, you only get pro-rata data. You don't get the full 10 Gig. You will get the full 10Gig in the first full month.

Also worth noting that if you are on the Internet 5 (10Gig pm x24) you also don't get billed at the end of the first month. 8ta/Telkom explained that they need a full month before the first invoice is sent out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12