Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast

Thread: 8ta 50% free airtime promotion (February 2012)

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    Apparently the 50% deal is only available to those pre-paid users who have received the sms. These sms's will be sent out on the 1st, the 10th, the 17th and the 24th of this month. They said there's no way to get in on the deal without that sms.
    I think this is nonsense. I've just bought R32 airtime. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ajax View Post
    I think this is nonsense.
    Are you saying saor's claim that the 50% deal is only available to those pre-paid users who have received the sms makes no sense, or is not true?

Why not make it for everyone?

I did not receive an sms. Purchased R100 airtime, so let's see what happens.

Grandmaster

Correction: When I topped up initially I used 2 x R20 vouchers and I thought, looking back at my sms's that one of those was a 50% reward, which it wasn't.

So I just got off the phone with 8ta. Apparently the 50% deal is only available to those pre-paid users who have received the sms. These sms's will be sent out on the 1st, the 10th, the 17th and the 24th of this month. They said there's no way to get in on the deal without that sms.
    That is not good news...why just certain users and not everybody ?

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe!" - Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by ajax View Post
    I think this is nonsense.
    I thought the same thing prior to calling the 8ta help-desk. What's strange is that they were quite specific with the dates on which the sms's were to be sent out, which leads me to believe they might have been telling the truth.

If true - it really seems strange to exclude people from a promotion, and not to say anything about it, when people are going to find out about it by word of mouth / online eventually. They seem to be asking for complaints.

I've still received no reward for the R100 airtime loaded yesterday. Be interesting to see if anyone who hasn't received the sms actually gets the 50% reward.

I thought the same thing prior to calling the 8ta help-desk. What's strange is that they were quite specific with the dates on which the sms's were to be sent out, which leads me to believe they might have been telling the truth.

If true - it really seems strange to exclude people from a promotion, and not to say anything about it, when people are going to find out about it by word of mouth / online eventually. They seem to be asking for complaints.

I've still received no reward for the R100 airtime loaded yesterday. Be interesting to see if anyone who hasn't received the sms actually gets the 50% reward.
    Its kinda strange though. I would think that they are running this promo for 1 month to get MORE customers and not just reward certain existing customers? It makes no sense?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Are you saying saor's claim that the 50% deal is only available to those pre-paid users who have received the sms makes no sense, or is not true?
    Doesn't make sense in terms of marketing a product. So that's why I've bought buying airtime to check.

Its me.

Maybe this product is for those that don't spend money on their 8ta Sim Card - Seriously I have a 8ta sim card and haven't received any sms notifying about this promotion will buy some airtime later on to see if its true.
    Loving technology&gadgets own a Samsung Galaxy S4, Ativ S , Apple iPad4 Cellular 64 GB, i7 ivy bridge - Porting Successful

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    Its me.
    Then consider me confused . I've received no reward, and it's well over 24 hours since the last R100 top-up. Guess I'll just have to wait the month out and hope that magical sms arrives, if indeed, there is such a thing. I'm more likely to believe in unicorns at this point.

Super Grandmaster

No bonus airtime for me yet

I recharged with R200 yesterday and this morning got a sms.

R100 has been added to your account, your new balance is R300.46

Then consider me confused . I've received no reward, and it's well over 24 hours since the last R100 top-up. Guess I'll just have to wait the month out and hope that magical sms arrives, if indeed, there is such a thing. I'm more likely to believe in unicorns at this point.
    Guys, why you don't just load a sufficient amount to buy bundle, convert immediately so you can enjoy it now? It is affordable, great special, nothing else is comparable on the market now, but you are trying to maximise rewards. Days are counting and you are still without bundle, as you are trying to be clever.

I bet it has something to do with philosophy of live. If you are trying to force your luck on others, it never works. Work patiently on your side, give something from yourself and reward will come.

I saw the same attitude with Cell C users trying to maximise free month data allocation and there were losers, crying later on the forum, as they lost all bonus due to the failed speculation.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast