Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: can't even cancel iburst!?

Default can't even cancel iburst!?

don't even know why I still on iburst, I mean why do I bother to trust iburst again. maybe just because the deal looks good?

anyway, here is the story, had iburst since I move into this country, great deal and service for 2 years, was on month to month until octerber 2011, I fall myself into the iburst trap again, now I'm on 25+ max package with 2 mb modem for 545 per month I think.

like story from everyone, speed is crap, help line and mail is useless since they give only standard answer, technician can't do much cause of the hardware and congested tower.

so I decided to see if can atleast stop this crap myself, I want to iburst at menlyn, no technician there at all, only sales, and mot to mention they dont even use iburst for they system, no coverage according to them, so I can't even show them the speed I have, and sales admitted that speed around menlyn area is bad too.

so, back to topic, I ask any solution to slow speed, the answer is as aways.....widow, antenna, technician.....etc....
    therefore, result as normal, no solution.

so I ask to cancel the contract, I was shock regarding the penalties, I have to pay what ever is remain for my contract, there for, for me is 20 months left X 549 = 10980
    , the worse part is , you paying for the stuff you not gonna use, so, why bother to cancel? you have to pay no matter what, so rather keep it.

furthermore, I ask to downgrade my package to the least they can , which is that 500 mb per month for 49 rand with stander usb modem.they provide I think.......but,I have 2mb modem, plus they won't allow any fish to slip away do they ?
    after calculation, I have to pay 100 activation fees, 1200somthing rand penalty, and 380 sothing permonth for that 500 mb package with 2mb modem, WTH is iburst charging for?
    so I calculate quick I mind, I have pay almost the same as 25+ package but only getting 500mb, and the most shocking is, 500mb package with 2mb modem, the modem wi end up cost something like 7200 rand at end!

so, now I'm stuck to this iburst trap, can't really cancel or downgrade untulk 2013 October!

what else should I try? any suggestion?

P.S. currently own a 8ta 10 + 10 gig , R299, works 21 Times better than iburst.

Consumer Protection Act is your friend...

should I forward this forum to them? lol

Grandmaster

you can report them to the National consumer commission.

The DTI (department of trade and industry)

contactus@thedti.gov.za

customer contact centre 0861 843 384

You are entitled to cancel any contract, and even though they can charge you a penalty, it has to be reasonable.

and if they are not providing the service you are paying for ie speeds are slow, they either have to reimburse you the difference, or you have the right to get out of the contract at no penalty to you.

okay, sended a mail to them, let see how it goes.

With all the complaints I've read about iBurst, I wonder
    how they could still be in business! Are they really that
    bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Totempole View Post
    With all the complaints I've read about iBurst, I wonder
    how they could still be in business! Are they really that
    bad?
    iBurst is bad, from what i feel is that they set a good example first, like, a price and package that beats every ISP at moment, and keep speed decent until they got every customer in contract, then literately drop the net.

if you look at price offered at iburst now, month to month is same price as 24 month, except that 24 month you get free modem!, see the trap there?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by chou56929 View Post
    iBurst is bad, from what i feel is that they set a good example first, like, a price and package that beats every ISP at moment, and keep speed decent until they got every customer in contract, then literately drop the net.

if you look at price offered at iburst now, month to month is same price as 24 month, except that 24 month you get free modem!, see the trap there?
    when you say you have been getting bad speeds, what speeds are you getting, just out of interest?
    do you ever get dropped connections?

Quote Originally Posted by ave View Post
    when you say you have been getting bad speeds, what speeds are you getting, just out of interest?
    do you ever get dropped connections?
    on 2 mb modem during day 0.1 to 0.5, that is for today i test so far, other days during day its .4 to .7, actually never want over 1mb.

during night, atleast something decent, 1 to 1.4 mb.

youtube have to buffer even in 320p, dont even mention 480 or 720, that you can make a coffee first b4 you watch.

p2p, torrent SUPA HEAVY SHAPE, like 3 to 12 kb during day(very popular torrents for example)

dropped connection dont really happens except bad weather.

Did u come right with this i also want to cancell my contract

Quote Originally Posted by DsBalsak View Post
    Did u come right with this i also want to cancell my contract
    Like what i typed up there, if you have contract, it is totally not worth it to cancel or degrade package, but if you have month to month, then everything is okay.

nothing we as customer can do, apparently its mentioned in contract in those tiny sentence that we have signed for.
    all the mail that i have send, no reply or further info.

so...........19 more months to go for me in this slowness and with cap that will never deplete.

Well i just sent a email to the consumer complaints to see what is the right procedure on approaching this for the cancelation of the contract

Cant pay for something im not receiving