Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Dimension Data in DA tender mess

Default Dimension Data in DA tender mess

Dimension Data in DA tender mess

The DA in Plettenberg Bay has allegedly given a company run by a resident in the area a R4.3 million short-term IT contract without tender more »

Par for the course.

Well this is not good at all..

But I would rather wait for the investigation (if there is one) to be concluded to see what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

According to the article;

On December 11, the DA-led council requested a “deviation from the tender process” so it could award Didata the contract “to stabilise the IT environment at Bitou”.
    Depends, if they requested to deviate from it, and it was approved, then it could have been done so at a necessity - note that the previous "tender" for R10 million was thrown out the window because the system didn't work. Now they've offered R4.3 - less than half the original amount - to fix the mess. I can see the economical feasibility and logic in getting the job done "correctly" instead of wasting more time and resources with incompetent tender applicants.

Just my 2c

The DA better get their act together if this is true
    #FREEISRAEL

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusaurusRex View Post

Depends, if they requested to deviate from it, and it was approved, then it could have been done so at a necessity - note that the previous "tender" for R10 million was thrown out the window because the system didn't work. Now they've offered R4.3 - less than half the original amount - to fix the mess. I can see the economical feasibility and logic in getting the job done "correctly" instead of wasting more time and resources with incompetent tender applicants.

Just my 2c
    Yes, but if the ANC had done this both you and the DA would have kicked up a huge fuss about how corrupt they are etc etc.

I'm trying to think what system could be that's costs that much, but was needed with such urgency that not even three quotes could be obtained?

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Super Grandmaster

The DA is becoming ever so slightly like the ANC.

This looks like quite a clear case of corruption but I shall await for the outcome.

And this is just after the circus of the Chapman's Peak debacle . The DA will still win the WC in 2014, but I think with a heavily reduced majority. Many DA voters will simply stay away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    Why is your name Polish? You are not black?

Quote Originally Posted by sox63 View Post
    I'm trying to think what system could be that's costs that much, but was needed with such urgency that not even three quotes could be obtained?

The more things change, the more they stay the same...
    They had 90 days notice to come up with tenders. They were also apparently concerned about the Lookout restaurant, which is owned by Jeremy Ord and others who "have supported us generously." That's double speak for funder.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusaurusRex View Post

Just my 2c
    4.3m is only a preliminary assessment. There is more to come.

Master

in my honest opinion - they are trying to fix a mess caused by a previously failed approved tender -

lets not throw stones yet - if they manage to fix the issue at half the original cost, then DA wins
    guessing it is already an urgent project , and putting it out to tender delaying it for another year plus is not the best move always.

The fact that Didata is a highly competent company who will no doubt fix the problems without any hassle is besides the point. Unfortunately it is a "white" company, and as we all know, competent "white" companies must be excluded at all costs from doing business with any branch of government in favour of incompetent "black" companies owned by very same politicians who want to hire them. Competence unfortunately does not factor into this at all.

I love the ANC comment. I hope they keep this in mind every time they do the same thing. and if the DA is wrong.....fire them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by deweyzeph View Post
    The fact that Didata is a highly competent company who will no doubt fix the problems without any hassle is besides the point. Unfortunately it is a "white" company, and as we all know, competent "white" companies must be excluded at all costs from doing business with any branch of government in favour of incompetent "black" companies owned by very same politicians who want to hire them. Competence unfortunately does not factor into this at all.
    The company is Japanese owned.

Not sure what you mean by "white company"?

Dimension Data should have partnered with this company that failed to do the job as expected. Then none of this reporting would have been necessary. But hey, who wants to share the piece of the pie.

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast