Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Good idea to move to iBurst?

Default Good idea to move to iBurst?

Hey everyone,

I would just like some clarification on a few matters, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My phone lines (between two exchanges) keep on getting stolen, it has now happened three times in two months and I'm getting very frustrated paying for an (ISP) account I can't use, I'm now on the lookout for an alternative solution.

I was considering iBurst until I cam across this forum, there seems to be more users frustrated with the iBurst service than happy with it.

I currently have a high-ish (50GB) Cap ADSL account and was hoping the 25GB+ account with iBurst would be a great alternative, however the general consensus on this forum indicates (to me) that the iBurst accounts are heavily shaped during the day and/or have very poor performance on the high cap packages.

I live in Atlasville (in Boksburg, technically closer to Benoni), I know where the iBurst tower is situated (some +- 2km away).

The questions are as follows:
    1. Is iBurst a decent alternative (speed is not a major factor, I'm so far from my Telkom exchange my phone line only supports 1MB)?
    2. Is the connection reliable and stable (will I be dropped constantly)?
    3. What are the international latencies like (I play FIFA 12/StarCraft II on-line)?
    4. Should I get iBurst out of contract (I don't like being tied to a 24month contract but those Kyocera modems are ridiculously expensive)?

Thanks for your help,
    sYk0.

Clearly NOT a good idea to move to iBurst.

232 views and 0 comments, I'll be sure to stay away from iBurst for the foreseeable future.

Regards,
    sYk0.

Quote Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post
    The questions are as follows:
    1. Is iBurst a decent alternative (speed is not a major factor, I'm so far from my Telkom exchange my phone line only supports 1MB)?
    2. Is the connection reliable and stable (will I be dropped constantly)?
    3. What are the international latencies like (I play FIFA 12/StarCraft II on-line)?
    4. Should I get iBurst out of contract (I don't like being tied to a 24month contract but those Kyocera modems are ridiculously expensive)?
    1. Used to be
    2. Depends on your area and how many users congest the closest base station
    3. 350ms
    4. Buy a 2nd hand modem or borrow one and try out first. You WILL regret a contract.

totally not goo idea bru.....they bursted looooong ago.......try other maybe, im happy with vodacom, MTN, 8ta, cellc...etc just not iburst and telkom