Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Better network quality and innovative products from Cell C, promises new CEO

Default Better network quality and innovative products from Cell C, promises new CEO

Expect better network quality and innovative products from Cell C

New Cell C CEO promises better network quality and affordable services from the operator

Yeah right...

Grandmaster

Talk is Cheap (oops Knott with AKC)
    No Signature for the moment

nigga plz! u denied gettin the job two days before the official announcement
    [i7 920 D0 | Rampage II Extreme | 12GB Team Xtreem 2000MHz | 9TB | Odin GT 800w | GTX480 | Antec 1200 | T260 | KrK VXT6 | RME BabyFace |Snow Leopard]

Hope they fix it as network quality sucks at present

Wathever your greviance is, I think AKC is p@#4-off enough, so he will not be happy to collude with Vodacom. It is why I am going to wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    Wathever your greviance is, I think AKC is p@#4-off enough, so he will not be happy to collude with Vodacom. It is why I am going to wait and see what happens.
    Why would he be p@#4-off ?

Their network has actually gotten real bad in the last couple of weeks because they stopped roaming on Vodacom in Cape Town. No more EDGE in Cape Town at all. So if your 3G signal is bad you can't even connect! It's terrible since the 3G signal was already sporadic.

I also have a Virgin Mobile contract which has the same issues since they piggyback off CellC. No more EDGE. I can't even set my phone to "GSM only" anymore to save power because there is only 3G available. My battery used to last 3-4 days on GSM/EDGE. Now it goes flat within a day because of the phone having to be set on a 3G profile and the poor signal.

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanZ View Post
    Their network has actually gotten real bad in the last couple of weeks because they stopped roaming on Vodacom in Cape Town. No more EDGE in Cape Town at all. So if your 3G signal is bad you can't even connect! It's terrible since the 3G signal was already sporadic.

I also have a Virgin Mobile contract which has the same issues since they piggyback off CellC. No more EDGE. I can't even set my phone to "GSM only" anymore to save power because there is only 3G available. My battery used to last 3-4 days on GSM/EDGE. Now it goes flat within a day because of the phone having to be set on a 3G profile and the poor signal.
    That's really terrible. I also noticed ages ago that setting my phone to edge extended the battery life. Luckily I'm on mtn though.

Blog Entries

I have no faith in AKC to make Cell C any better than it already is. I reckon its gonna be downhill from here onwards. High prices followed by excuses (like quality comes first - isn't that an old VodaCon line?). At least it seems like he is now preparing us with excuses beforehand, and high prices will probably follow.

Now, this scares the hell out of me! I left Vodacom for Cell C only for the ex Vodacom man to follow me. Vodacom was never a good value for money network when he was in charge and I am afraid we may be screwed under this new CEO. I sure hope he proves me wrong but...

8ta is beginning to look a tiny bit appealing since this development.

Everytime this guys speaks, I want to through up.

Hasn't he caused South Africa enough misery and set us back at least five years by his greed and know exploitation of South Africans.
    Twista - Just Lovin IT!!

Default Photographs

So we are going to get nice photographs from Cell C.

OK, OK,...... there is a lot that can still be given by AKG, but somehow I am not exited.......... high network termination cost seems to be regurgitating...................
    Never ever say (or even think) I am going to do it quickly on the computer..............

did we not have this article a couple of weeks ago.

Seriously do you all think AKC is retarded or something?? When he was in charge of VC they had an effective monopoly and were rolling out something completely new that no one had done before. There was no model to use for rolling out GSM in Africa, mobile was only available in 1st world countries - plenty of people said he was an idiot then too I am sure. The guy has some serious knowledge and experience, possibly a douche, I don't have enough info to know, but you can't say he isn't a good option for Cell C.

Surely someone with his knowledge and experience will realise you can't beat Vodacom and MTN by pricing yourself out of the market, you can by offering bad quality service though. So if you keep it affordable, but ensure a really good quality network you may not win all customers, but you should get a decent and loyal following of people who need reliability and cost effectiveness. So sure you lose some bargain hunters to 8ta or whoever tries to buy customers next, but its not difficult to beat VC and MTN for network quality and price (although MTN are coming back nicely at the moment) if you play your cards right.

ATC can take the fundamentals that have been put in place and use his knowledge on how VC and MTN operate to beat them, it sure looks like he is out to prove himself as he could have just retired and walked away from all of this. I think the key things are Cell C need a strong person at the helm who can calm the board and shareholders as well take the challenge to define the next era in the SA mobile space.

To say he is *** and can't do the job just doesn't add up!
    Attention City of Joburg and its employees, you do not have permission to view this webpage, you will be charged for your malicious hacking crimes

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast