Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: 8ta Erratic service Variable latency & variable speed

Default 8ta Erratic service Variable latency & variable speed

Hi

The past few days I've experienced really variable pings with really bad speeds when the latency goes bad.
    So bad I cannot maintain a simple skype call.

Right now my ping is great, but I still have almost no throughput.

This speedtest is the best it has been all night. Had to try a few times to get the site to load.
    0.65Mb/s with a 53ms ping.

I've sent mails to social@8ta.com...

I am supposedly in the coverage area, but can I perhaps suggest that you re-look at your coverage specified on the map.

8ta rep please assist me with my problems.

8ta has probably been the worst choice I have ever made.
    Last edited by mysticMystic; 08-02-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticMystic View Post
    Hi

The past few days I've experienced really variable pings with really bad speeds when the latency goes bad.
    So bad I cannot maintain a simple skype call.

Right now my ping is great, but I still have almost no throughput.

This speedtest is the best it has been all night. Had to try a few times to get the site to load.
    0.65Mb/s with a 53ms ping.

I've sent mails to social@8ta.com...

I am supposedly in the coverage area, but can I perhaps suggest that you re-look at your coverage specified on the map.

8ta rep please assist me with my problems.

8ta has probably been the worst choice I have ever made.
    Hi
    Thank you for your email
    8ta

Just read further threads and you'll see how people are struggling. What gets to me the most is 8ta KNOWS that the basestations cannot surely cope with the same hardware they implemented months ago but continue to sighnup new customers, thus the service just continues to degrade....

I must admit the short, abrupt "Thank you for the email" replies to a lot of people's complaints really isn't inspiring confidence in their ability or eagerness to help... I was almost adamant I'd sign up for a 10Gb deal but the more I read through this sub-forum, the more they worry me. Do they stay on the ball and keep people in the loop with these problems after the generic thank you message?

Default You are not alone

After 3 days of queries 8ta told me today that they have nationwide issues (with their data connections).

Still waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
    I must admit the short, abrupt "Thank you for the email" replies to a lot of people's complaints really isn't inspiring confidence in their ability or eagerness to help... I was almost adamant I'd sign up for a 10Gb deal but the more I read through this sub-forum, the more they worry me. Do they stay on the ball and keep people in the loop with these problems after the generic thank you message?
    So I can give an update after that mail.

8ta provided a case number per email and asked me for alternative contact details.
    Following that I got a phone call late yesterday afternoon that they have referred the problem to their networking department.

I'll post if anything new happens.

Grandmaster

I agree about this.. when I first got 8ta (last year), I had 40ms ping... which turned into 80ms a week later..... then skyrocketed to 100, 160, then up to 1 whole second....

The evidence of the above is in a sub forum somewhere.
    i7-2600K | 32GB DDR3 | 250+120GB SSD | N570GTX+GTX260 | P8P67 Deluxe | HX750W | Antec P193 | G400s
    MBP Retina 15" 2.2GHz 16GB RAM | SG Note 3, 96GB

Quote Originally Posted by mysticMystic View Post
    So I can give an update after that mail.

8ta provided a case number per email and asked me for alternative contact details.
    Following that I got a phone call late yesterday afternoon that they have referred the problem to their networking department.

I'll post if anything new happens.
    Thanks for the update, its a little more assuring that they do get to work on the problem, why dont they just "tell the forum" their working on it too or something, would make the replies seem a little less hollow

OK, so my service is still super erratic, but best of all is that my upload speed is now faster than my download speed...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1765988888.png

This is the best it has been in days.

my connection is almost unusable today.

Default I hope this is a sgn of good things to come

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1771337581.png

Finally 8ta speeds are for the first time in a week semi respectable. I just hope I am not speaking too soon.......

I still have not heard from them bye the way.

Network has stabilised last week.
    JHB/Diepsloot

Quick Update: 8ta technician was at my home yesterday.

He measured signal strength in various parts of my property and we got between -109 and -99.

I also understand there is another person in my area with the exact same complaint.

8ta technician said someone from the networking department will contact me within 72 hours.

I'm guessing it will take a bit longer than 72 hours but hopeful that they will contact again.

Grandmaster

I am also experiencing quite erratic speeds and latency at the moment.
    I contacted 8ta yesterday. no reply yet, but i am hoping i can get it sorted out.

Using mdma i noticed i can get -80 -- -95 dB so i should be getting better speeds that what i currently am.

- Insert Signature Here -

8ta Is the biggest mistake I've ever made.
    I've had 2 people at my house already and nothing has been done to improve my speeds.
    The 3rd e-mail I sent them I have requested to have my contract cancelled but nothing has come from that either.
    Currently I am not even getting 3% of their claimed speeds.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast