Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In what order are data bundles consumed?

Default In what order are data bundles consumed?

This is an issue for many people on Vodacom, in fact there's A polite request to reconsider your data rollover policy thread and Vodacom are looking into this.

Basically, Vodacom's current rule is to use your newest bundle first, so if you have unused data from last month you only get to use it once your current bundle is depleted. This means you can only carry over data every second month.

What are Cell-C's rules?

My father has a 12 x 2GB promo package and early in January he blew his 2GB after discovering YouTube.
    I bought a 3GB/365 bundle for him, in the hope that whatever he didn't use in January would be available for future months should he finish his monthly 2GB allocation early.

I checked his balance a couple of days ago, and this seems to be the case. *101# shows two remaining bundle balances, and it seems that the 2GB bundle is the one currently being depleted.

HI ginggs

If i'm not mistaken, it will use the 2GB first, but just to confirm i have send an email.
    Will update is a few.

Regards
    ~AM~

HI ginggs

Here it goes, got feedback.

"The rule is any free first, then included then paid for.
    So you are correct. 2GB first then any data from the 3GB next".

Regards
    ~AM~

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    The rule is any free first, then included then paid for.
    Seems fair, thanks for confirming.

"The rule is any free first, then included then paid for.
    So you are correct. 2GB first then any data from the 3GB next".
    ~AM~
    At least it works the way one expects/hopes it to.

I bought a 3 Gig prepaid topup. I am in the habit of checking my account balance every time I connect. When the new month started I noticed I had 1.3 Gig left of my topup. Every time I connected to the internet I saw my allocated 5Gig was being used and the 1.3 Gig topup remained the same until about the 13th of the month, and, it just disappeared.

Spoke to CellC rep and he said not to worry, he will topup my account when I do need it. I sent him an email on the 13th of December 2011 to ask him to top it up.

He then replied on the 14th. "What amount did we say it was ?
    Please can you provide me with the data sim number will go it for you now."

That was the last I heard from him. Just got an "Out of office " reply when emailing him.

Then he replied on the 28th.

"Good Day

Been out of the office.
    There was an alternate email for assistance.
    If data has not been loaded, will load it for you 1 JAN so you don’t lose any.

Hope you had a been festive weekend."

The I said, load it for me. Prepaid data is supposed to expire in 30 days.

Then the reply.

"Good Day

Been off from then.
    Data in the stick is set to reset on the last day at 00:00 every month."

I have had a frustrating time with CellC.

ginggs, please don't put my post in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakavenue View Post
    I bought a 3 Gig prepaid topup. I am in the habit of checking my account balance every time I connect. When the new month started I noticed I had 1.3 Gig left of my topup. Every time I connected to the internet I saw my allocated 5Gig was being used and the 1.3 Gig topup remained the same until about the 13th of the month, and, it just disappeared.
    Did you buy the 30 day 3GB bundle or the 365 day 3GB bundle?

Good day Oakavenue

That is correct your 5GB will be use First.
    If its the 3GB for 365 days or 3GB for 30 Days then it will be used last(as is the paid ones).
    As the 5 GB it the so called included one.

Please lets clear this up there was an alternate email for you to contact that would of assist you,
    If you did email they would of assist and loaded.
    Some time unforeseen things happen that keep us away from work.

Regards
    ~AM~
    Last edited by Cell_C; 13-02-2012 at 11:05 AM.

If its the 3GB for 365 days or 3GB for 30 Days then it will be used last(as is the paid ones).
    Surely, I understand it wrong. However... it is not that "paid" means a purchased date, but "end of the paid period". Right?
    I would call it then FXFO (First eXpiry, First Out).

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    Surely, I understand it wrong. However... it is not that "paid" means a purchased date, but "end of the paid period". Right?
    I would call it then FXFO (First eXpiry, First Out).
    HI sajunky

I understand where you are coming from but, no that's not the case.
    Like on the reward promo, first used free then went to what was purchased.

That why on ginggs sim works fine, as 5GB given then he loaded a 3 GB for 365 days, so that was used last.
    Remember you only top up once finished. (normally)

Regards
    ~AM~

Angry Cell C's data bundle prioritization screws me over

Dear Cell C,

Thanks so much for screwing me over in a new and interesting way. It's great that you structure data bundle prioritization by letting me use up my monthly data bundle FIRST while I also had an external data bundle I purchased loaded on. This meant that the external data bundle, which expires BEFORE my monthly bundle, sat idly by while I used up loads of data on my monthly account. Then my external data bundle suddenly expires and I get disconnected, left to scratch my head and ponder the greedy idiocy of structuring data usage that way.

Pray tell, is it not fraud to sell me a product that I can't use?

Cell C- still surprising me after all these years.
    "The State calls its own violence law, but that of the individual, crime." - Max Stirner

No, I like it the way it is now, otherwise they are going to screw the "normal" thinking persons up! WTF did you buy a data bundle for the month if you still had data on the original package? Only if you need more data for the month should you go and purchase more. Sort of makes sense doesn't it? If you are stupid you must pay. Amen

Listen bud, you're confused, here's the story: I run out of data a little before my next monthly bundle is due, so I load up with airtime and buy an external data bundle. A few days later my new monthly data bundle is credited. So, why would Cell C then start using data from the monthly bundle when the extra that I purchased is going to expire first? See what I mean?
    "The State calls its own violence law, but that of the individual, crime." - Max Stirner

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Rain View Post
    Dear Cell C,

Thanks so much for screwing me over in a new and interesting way. It's great that you structure data bundle prioritization by letting me use up my monthly data bundle FIRST while I also had an external data bundle I purchased loaded on. This meant that the external data bundle, which expires BEFORE my monthly bundle, sat idly by while I used up loads of data on my monthly account. Then my external data bundle suddenly expires and I get disconnected, left to scratch my head and ponder the greedy idiocy of structuring data usage that way.

Pray tell, is it not fraud to sell me a product that I can't use?

Cell C- still surprising me after all these years.
    +1

Oh, and for clarification, it was more than 1GB that Cell-C stole from me this way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast