Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Looking for a Hosting Company

Default Looking for a Hosting Company

Hey there,

I am currently in the process of writing a short ebook that I will distribute for free to entrepreneurs in South Africa. I am aiming it to be for cash strapped individuals or just people that want to start a business with no capital. The book will covering what they need to know to start and run the business. The marketing, sales and finance sections are complete.

One of the topics I still need to write is about how to go about getting a website. While I do recommend that people that can afford it get one done by a webdesigned, I am aiming at someone who can not afford it. A basic website with a focus on content is much better than no website.

I see that a lot of hosting companies provide some sort of software with templates to build a basic website, which is exactly the type of thing I am looking for. However the one thing I noticed is while they do offer the software for free, the documentation, tutorials and support for those products is lacking.

Can anyone recommend a company that provides something simple that any person with some understanding of the internet can use? I will write a detailed review of the process, as well as a step by step tutorial on how to set it up. For that reason I will be trying it sign up for their hosting solution and build a site myself (I have zero experience in that). The company that I use for the section will be featured.

The company should fit the following bill:

1. Cheap with Domain registration
    2. Cheap in their hosting options
    3. Provide free software for the creation of the site
    4. Known for the exceptional client service

I have faith in South African business, so I am sure there is a company out there that fits the requirements perfectly.

Grandmaster

Hi dakeyras

I will help you out here,
    You can log in to one of my Afrihost hosting cpanel and have a look, Its quiet simple.

Check your pm :-)

Regards
    Keegan
    Last edited by Keegan; 13-02-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dakeyras View Post
    Hey there,

I am currently in the process of writing a short ebook that I will distribute for free to entrepreneurs in South Africa. I am aiming it to be for cash strapped individuals or just people that want to start a business with no capital. The book will covering what they need to know to start and run the business. The marketing, sales and finance sections are complete.

One of the topics I still need to write is about how to go about getting a website. While I do recommend that people that can afford it get one done by a webdesigned, I am aiming at someone who can not afford it. A basic website with a focus on content is much better than no website.

I see that a lot of hosting companies provide some sort of software with templates to build a basic website, which is exactly the type of thing I am looking for. However the one thing I noticed is while they do offer the software for free, the documentation, tutorials and support for those products is lacking.

Can anyone recommend a company that provides something simple that any person with some understanding of the internet can use? I will write a detailed review of the process, as well as a step by step tutorial on how to set it up. For that reason I will be trying it sign up for their hosting solution and build a site myself (I have zero experience in that). The company that I use for the section will be featured.

The company should fit the following bill:

1. Cheap with Domain registration
    2. Cheap in their hosting options
    3. Provide free software for the creation of the site
    4. Known for the exceptional client service

I have faith in South African business, so I am sure there is a company out there that fits the requirements perfectly.
    Check out Hostgator,

Costs me $5 per month for unlimited disk space, traffic, domains, subdomains, SQL databases, email accounts, email storage, everything.

They offer $100 worth of free google adwords, as well as free SEO tools, design tools, and the works.
    Seeking...

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

I don't know what measure you use to compare prices against, but our hosting includes a Website Builder which any can use to build their own websites. Many of our clients use it without a problem, and I think there was only 2 (known, at least) cases where a user couldn't actually figure out how to use it.

Drop me a PM, or mail if you need more info...
    SoftDux - Windows & Linux Website Hosting, Virtual Private Servers, Domain Registrations.

Hi, I have sent you a PM regarding this

Grandmaster

Im always happy with Hetzner and they now have a site builder as well: http://www.hetzner.co.za/index.php/s.../site-builder/

Hey guys. Thanks for the all the messages and emails. I thought that I might find one or two possible solutions, yet it turns out there is alot of local South African businesses that goes out of their way. I will responding to the messages and emails I have not responded today. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by dakeyras View Post
    Hey guys. Thanks for the all the messages and emails. I thought that I might find one or two possible solutions, yet it turns out there is alot of local South African businesses that goes out of their way. I will responding to the messages and emails I have not responded today. Thanks again!
    Take a gander at www.texo.co.za as well.

I've used them for almost 4 years and they are great all around.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|