Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Change contract SIM to pre-paid?

Grandmaster

Default Change contract SIM to pre-paid?

So I just signed a contract and used my pre-paid SIM for this contract. I should have used another number for this new contract.

Is is possible that I can buy a new SIM (new number) and tie it to my contract, and get my pre-paid number back?
    I will have to go to a local Vodacom shop if I have to. The thing is, I have used my number (pre-paid) for years.

It was very stupid of me to convert my pre-paid number to contract in the first place. I have feeling it might not be possible, or I will pay good money to get it done.
    i7 2600 | Asus P8H67-M (Rev B3) | Corsair TX650 | CM Scout | Mushkin Silverline BBR3 1333 -2X4GB | DeepCool Tiger Shark | 1TB Samsung | LG DVD-Writer

yes - it's possible but you'll probably have a bureaucratic battle on your hands...

Grandmaster

I will go to voda shop probably this afternoon or over the weekend.
    i7 2600 | Asus P8H67-M (Rev B3) | Corsair TX650 | CM Scout | Mushkin Silverline BBR3 1333 -2X4GB | DeepCool Tiger Shark | 1TB Samsung | LG DVD-Writer

When everything fail, you last resort is to port your number to the other network and then port it back. The cannot refuse it!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    When everything fail, you last resort is to port your number to the other network and then port it back. The cannot refuse it!
    I think I should do that if all fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuma View Post
    I think I should do that if all fails.
    you can't port 'til your contract is over....
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Can see it in my mind's eye:Chilligirl's Compoota Factorie - Alle Compoota's Repaired Or Fixxited at Bargain Prices Notte to be Sneezed atte

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliGirl View Post
    you can't port 'til your contract is over....
    He can port...but his contract will remain in force and Vodacom will assing a new number to the contract. And no...the user can not choose a new number for the contract. System does it automatically.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    He can port...but his contract will remain in force and Vodacom will assing a new number to the contract. And no...the user can not choose a new number for the contract. System does it automatically.
    Ah ok.

interesting.
    /makes a note

I thought porting is not possible until the contract is over coz of the X remaining contract period.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Can see it in my mind's eye:Chilligirl's Compoota Factorie - Alle Compoota's Repaired Or Fixxited at Bargain Prices Notte to be Sneezed atte

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliGirl View Post
    Ah ok.

interesting.
    /makes a note

I thought porting is not possible until the contract is over coz of the X remaining contract period.
    Nope...you may...provided of course that your account is up to date and not in arrears etc. If you port thinking it will void your contract...you are sorely mistaken. :-)
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    And no...the user can not choose a new number for the contract. System does it automatically.
    But do I have to port to convert my contract number to pre-paid? I don't really have any problem what the new number I get, as long as my current number can be converted back to pre-paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuma View Post
    But do I have to port to convert my contract number to pre-paid? I don't really have any problem what the new number I get, as long as my current number can be converted back to pre-paid.

I would rather not say and then it turns out to be wrong. In this case a dealer cancellation would not work either as then the number will be lost. I suggest you go to the store and see if they can log a request to the help desk to see if a number swop an be done somehow.
    Pieter Dirk Uys