Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia N8 Belle Update

Default Nokia N8 Belle Update

Good day

I have a N8 (Obviously) And I kind of want to update to Belle, but I don't know whether I should.

As I did try some updates before and it screwed me over.

So I just want to know if anyone has done this update and succeed or failed?

And also, what are the pros and cons of Belle..

Like are there anything that one needs to know about Belle that isn't really shown on the tutorials?

THanks
    Don't know what to say...

Right now this thread seems to deal with known issues. take a look : http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthre...f-Known-Issues

so far:
    VI just installed the leaked rom and I have noticed a few issues that I think we should keep a list of for people considering flashing:

I will update this thread as people respond with more issues - please include your phone model and variant

Next to each issue are 3 numbers as followings: (Number of people confirmed issue / Number of people denied issue)
    1 - Battery life will be severely less - it does not seem to put the device to standby properly when locked (1/1)
    2 - Touch screen does not seem to initialize on reboot sometimes and you will need to keep switching on and off the device until you can use it - can't enter unlock code(s) at startup (3/1
    3- You can delete a homescreen, but it may come back (1/1)
    4 - Haptic Feedback does not function, though vibrate works for notifications (3/0)
    5 - Holding the home button may not work in fullscreen applications, eg in fullscreen games with no exit button, you can't kill them or exit them (1/1)
    6 - Opera Mobile Not Working (Feature Home Screen Not Supprted) (2/0)
    7 - Opera Mini Not Working (Feature Home Screen Not Supprted) (2/0)

Please report if you've had an issue already listed or not as well so that we can have a complete list!
    Otherwise I very much like it!

I thought symbian Anna only released just month?

Quote Originally Posted by g-star View Post
    Right now this thread seems to deal with known issues. take a look : http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthre...f-Known-Issues

so far:
    Thanks alot..

Will keep this in mind..

I've got Belle dancing on my N8. I've experienced the issues with the unresponsive Touch screen on start up. Opera does not work. Battery is draining quicker but I'm still loving her. This was what I was wanting when I got the N8.
    The Beta is stable enough for everyday use. More stable as PR1.2 in my case. No more random reboots. I used to have many a day. Functionality is there. Can't wait for the full release.

Super Grandmaster

Busy downloading the 276MB update.... I'm sure hoping for a helluva lot for an update that size

Quote Originally Posted by Daniedj View Post
    ...Can't wait for the full release.
    Thanks for the feedback, and please keep us updated!

Any expected date for the full release?

Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    Busy downloading the 276MB update.... I'm sure hoping for a helluva lot for an update that size
    What version did you DL? Mine was not that big.

Ovi suite is around 280mb. FOTA is around 27mb. I think for 280 it reinstalls everything, and thats why its so huge. OTA will probably only update components.
    For a phone update its not all that large by today's standards (iOs is around 500mb+ if I'm not mistaken)

I think that you might've downloaded Anna as Belle is not available from Ovi Suite.

Anyone know of Belle release for the E7?.....a man can hope

I've got Belle dancing on my N8. I've experienced the issues with the unresponsive Touch screen on start up. Opera does not work. Battery is draining quicker but I'm still loving her. This was what I was wanting when I got the N8.
    The Beta is stable enough for everyday use. More stable as PR1.2 in my case. No more random reboots. I used to have many a day. Functionality is there. Can't wait for the full release.
    Hey

Just flashed!!

It's really awesome..

yeah like you say, it's much better.. It's really like having a GREAT phone at the moment..

But just a minor thing.. I can't seem to switch off the camera sound on this language.. not cool

but otherwise everything else is awesome..

Just sometimes it becomes ... S.L.O.W :P

Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    When i downloaded the Belle flash, it was only about like 100-160MB.. O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Tacet View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, and please keep us updated!

Any expected date for the full release?
    Will do~

Things are awesome one this phone..

but about opera... Yeah it's good and all, but the browse on the phone does the same job.. so no complains there.. mm..

Dont' know when the full one is coming out, since Anna, just came out.. (after like 6 months of beta... )

so maybe Belle full is only coming 6 months later :P

What version did you DL? Mine was not that big.
    +1

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast