Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NOTICE: International Internet connectivity issues since February 17 [Resolved]

Still not happy with speeds. Some sites load fast (myBB) others take forever to load and sometimes you have to refresh the page to get the ball rolling.

This cable break is becoming a thorn in iBurst's flesh.

From iBurst's FB page:

"The team at iBurst would like to apologise to all our Facebook Fans and Twitter Followers for the connection issues experienced over the weekend. Our Engineers are working hard to fix the problem and hope to have it resolved as soon as humanly possible, so life as we know it can return to normal. We will let everyone know when it’s 100% sorted. We apologies sincerely for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. Team iBurst."

Facebook, strange enough, is amazingly fast. Same with Twitter and MyBroadband.

Getting a lovely 3.91kb/s from Download.com though. -_-

By the gods! They SPEAK!

Quoted directly from the iBurst website.

"We are busy addressing the current congestion problems to Europe caused by the cable break but some services such as YouTube and Gmail will not improve unless the upstreams themselves address service restoration and alternative interconnect paths."
    I believe it's time to switch upstream providers, iBurst. They always seem to be the major factor whenever something goes wrong.

It's still almost completely broken: can't load OR download a 3MB image file; takes two or three CTRL+F5 to get basic pages to load. Ridiculous. And of course, still a conspiracy of silence from them.

still a conspiracy of silence from them
    Scroll up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    I cant see how posting sites can have any direct link with the crappy connections were experiencing.
    If iBurst are made aware of the problem sites, routing to those sites can be reconfigured. As r00i wrote above, some routes will be better than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    On my android Speedtest app I get
    Does your app use speedtest.net?
    Quote Originally Posted by r00igev@@r View Post
    Trying to figure out what has happening with speedtest.net but in the meantime use speedtest.mybroadband.co.za as that is working.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlothXCI View Post
    Quoted directly from the iBurst website.

I believe it's time to switch upstream providers, iBurst. They always seem to be the major factor whenever something goes wrong.

And it took them how long to figure this out or that we where sitting without service for 2 days ?

On another note SSh connections are still screwed took me the whole night to download 23mb

Edit : Nothing aimed at u
    Last edited by DsBalsak; 27-02-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlothXCI View Post
    Scroll up.
    Yes, I saw the formulaic PR statements (including the barely literate one on the iB site - it begins "Dear Values customer"); however, they represent absolutely no advance on the rubbish we've been fed for a week and more, and as usual with iB consist mainly of the standard claims that any problems really have got nothing to do with them (despite the contradictory assertion on FB that "Our Engineers are working hard to fix the problem"). Either way, both statements merely show that iB has finally realized a majority of customers are no longer satisfied with the claims that the problem is at the users' end, and that they must say something. They are not information or progress; they are fluff from a company that appears to have nothing but contempt for its paying customers.
    Last edited by Psychopompous; 27-02-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Psychopompous, you're probably right.

God only knows when this crap will be sorted out. Might as well throw my 600 bucks down the toilet and use the router as a stopper.

I have a good mind to cancel my account right here and then, and perhaps take this to the newspapers. Everyone needs to see that this company cannot be relied on. People and businesses are losing money because of this.

Absolutely unacceptable really.

Me to its a waste paying 600 bucks a month for nothing i have contacted the user iburst about either cancelling or downgrading to the lowest option available, according to the consumer complaint commission I must write a letter to them stating i want to cancel my contract withing 20 days, and if i cancel it there must be a reasonable fine ,not the amount u still owe on the contract

Wake up @ 5am. Type in address I want to visit and go back to sleep until 6am. Click on link in web address. Go have ****, shower, get dressed, make coffee. Check in. Ooo, half loaded. Molest girlfriend for morning quickie. Tell her to go slow, we have time. She doesn't, goes to work. Sit in front of screen in anticipation. Time out. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGFH!

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    Wake up @ 5am. Type in address I want to visit and go back to sleep until 6am. Click on link in web address. Go have ****, shower, get dressed, make coffee. Check in. Ooo, half loaded. Molest girlfriend for morning quickie. Tell her to go slow, we have time. She doesn't, goes to work. Sit in front of screen in anticipation. Time out. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGFH!
    ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal View Post
    Classic!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast