Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: EU vs US speed

Grandmaster

Default EU vs US speed

I know this was adressed a while ago, but the latest verdicts.

Judging nothing else but ping/latency. which domain is better for south africans.
    home loans, insurance and improvements - www.surehomes.com

Super Grandmaster

Well on the EU version I get a constant 600ms-700ms with shaped ADSL. Can be a bit laggy at busy times but overall it's quite smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous View Post
    It is not my fault if mine are too big to carry them between my legs. That's why they are attached to my chest!

US is the better option...i find that speeds are normally always faster than EU

I play with a 600-800 on EU
    The one time i saw some1 playing on US, he had a ping of 2000+

Also remember that if you are interested in endgame raids and mass pvp, EU is the way to go because we are on the same timeframe as tehm

Yea timeframe is important, not gonna get up 2-3 in the morning to go to MC would I ?

My impressions are that ping times to US are marginally better, but not that much better that I would sacrifice sleep

Thing is, the latencys will mostly always be the same (EU or US), yet, there's definately a delay in the US that isn't on the EU servers.

Super Grandmaster

On US servers I had to go thro socks server to get 600 to 800 latency. I changed to EU servers because of time zones. Now I get 300 to 500 latency without socks server. Very rarely do I get over 600 on EU servers.

I have found that the EU infrastructure is not as stable as US, but I believe Blizzard are creating more data centers in Europe withe much better hardware. Won't go back to US servers. I use ADSL unshaped.

I'm on ADSL unshaped and have played on both US and EU realms. I moved to the EU realm last week because of timezone issues and lack of end-game content for me as I was not prepared to wake up at 2AM for raiding. My pings to the US very quite pathetic for the last several week and ranged from 700ms to 8000ms. I've been playing on EU now and have rarely experienced ping times exceeding 800ms. (It seems to stabilise around the 580-600ms) mark.

I get 350ms with Unmetered VPN from Nukecap to Euro servers.....when it works...

I play on US Servers average ping is between 500 - 700 ms. There are alot of SA players there so donig endgame instances is not a problem. The reason I play on US Servers is at least eveyone speaks english.