Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Hartenbos accident: Which jail will he go to

Quote Originally Posted by Ekstasis View Post
    And in Pollsmoor he's gonna be a sitting duck!
    Sitting duck? I'm not sure he'll be able to sit after they've finished with him...
    ELO: Here is the news...

Grandmaster
    South of the Jacarandas and north of the Jukskei

Guys, don't blame Ekstasis for something a friend of his did. We all place ourselves in the shoes of the victims, and it makes us angry. Also think of all the people close to the drunk driver as well. They will also suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post
    Phone the clerk of the court and ask them.

For the record, my wife's first husband was killed by a drunk driver who also had multiple warnings and fines and whatnot on numerous occasions, but because he could afford the lawyers and the fines nothing happened until he killed her husband and himself in a crash, also running from people trying to restrain him.

I have no sympathy for people driving under the influence, I do not condemn them but they should feel the full force of the law.
    I agree 100%.

Spoke to a mutual friend about an hour ago and said to him that I don't feel that sorry for Roller. He was offered help many many times and kept on messing up. But on the other hand I have a soft spot for him (friendly way lol).

Thinking of that family - I cannot imagine what they are going through right now.

Super Grandmaster

Oi, so much pain for so many. Sad. Sad. Sad.

He might get a lessor sentence seeing his family are well off. If he used drugs in conjunction with alcohol and it is proven the resulting side effect was him losing his senses then he might get off with a lessor sentence.

If jailed he'll end up in either George or Oudtshoorn Correctional Service Centres.

Quote Originally Posted by skimread View Post
    He might get a lessor sentence seeing his family are well off. If he used drugs in conjunction with alcohol and it is proven the resulting side effect was him losing his senses then he might get off with a lessor sentence.
    Interesting!
    But geez, he killed 2 people. We don't even know if the dad and other 7 yr old is out of the woods. Apparently their condition was also severe (not sure if critical)

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    If jailed he'll end up in either George or Oudtshoorn Correctional Service Centres.
    Why do you say that? Is it because this will end up in manslaughter and not murder?

Quote Originally Posted by skimread View Post
    Dunno with all those previous convictions. Will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekstasis View Post
    Why do you say that? Is it because this will end up in manslaughter and not murder?
    Does not mean he'll end up at Pollsmoor - there are med/max security prisons closer to George.
    Last edited by MickeyD; 16-02-2012 at 11:06 PM.

If he's send to a Maximum prison, closest to his home town is Helderstroom (near Caledon). They usually try to keep a prisoner closest to their home. If Medium, he can ask for Oudshoorn or George. Doubt if he'll see any of the Cape Peninsula prisons, except if they got no room in any of the closer prisons. Remember, almost all the prisons in SA is like 220% over populated.
    Men if we don't father our children the world will, & the father substitutes it provides, more often than not, are destructive to their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    Actually, George, Oudshoorn and Uniondale only holds prisoners with less then 2 years sentences (or less than 2 years left) and those who is awaiting trials.
    Men if we don't father our children the world will, & the father substitutes it provides, more often than not, are destructive to their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by beans100 View Post
    Actually, George, Oudshoorn and Uniondale only holds prisoners with less then 2 years sentences (or less than 2 years left) and those who is awaiting trials.
    Yep, went and read up on it. That's why I changed my tune in a later post...

In SA Law "murder" is defined by some form of pre-meditation..Thats why it is almost impossible to get a murder conviction for DUI offences and they inevitably end up as manslaughter convictions. Although NPA would like to set precendents.

Respect to OP for standing by his friend.

Pity we don't have the death penalty anymore. Would have seemed a fitting end.
    MY BLOED IS BLOU!
    Kick SANRAL in the gantries! DO NOT REGISTER OR BUY E-TAGS!
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vrotappel-2351/

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast