Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Big screen for boardroom... 60"

Grandmaster

Default Big screen for boardroom... 60"

hey,
    just thought i'd check what the MYBB acquintences can offer.

looking for big mutha of a screen for a boardroom, mainly just presentations, excel sheet sharing with the whole room from a laptop, some video conference, etc, but prices on BIIIIG screens are a little out of comfortable range.

if a 55" LCD can be had for R10-R15K or less, is 60" for less than R20K really impossible?
    makes no sense to pay >R40K and more for 60" if u can get 4 x 55" for that price?
    sure its only 5" bigger so it may seem OK, if there is such a mo3rse price diff, to just go with 55", but 60" would just be better :-)

if there is +-60" LCD available at reasonable (!) prices, please PM me
    many thanx
    At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box

I honestly was reading bedroom not boardroom, at first then was like presentations... wait... what?

If it wasn't connecting from a laptop, using multiple(50" or 55") screens would have been awesome and probably the better option.

I also thought it was bedroom. :P

Why not a projector?

Nope,gets exponentially more expensive the bigger you go,surface area and economies of scale

Get an HD projector and a bigass screen
    www.domaincheap.co.za
    50% off 1 month Afrihost Uncapped here
    Speak to me about Priority after-hours technical support and remote maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by PsyWulf View Post
    Nope,gets exponentially more expensive the bigger you go,surface area and economies of scale

Get an HD projector and a bigass screen
    +1 rather spend the $$$ on a high quality projection screen and HD (or even a 2K) projector. That's if your boardroom is not swathed by bright sunlight.... You might as well get two 55" + mini-PC

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Khanya View Post
    I also thought it was bedroom. :P
    Bedroom presentations in HD, FTW
    Brings a whole new experience to the bedroom

~60" screens are still rather pricey.... have you taken a look at distributors/ dealers?

On a more practical note, a projector sounds like a much better (and financially viable) idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

+1 for projector. 60" screens are not made in such high volumes, the usual factories dont make that size screens. The ones making the glass thingies :P thats why they are a bit more pricey. You can get a decent one for R20 000 though, makro had them on special a few weeks back i think

Blog Entries

If you know in anyone the US then you can get a full HD LED projector with a 300" projection 60 000 hours lamp life for $2000.

http://www.yourhomeprojector.com/CRE...p/crex1000.htm
    Last edited by Jakes147; 17-02-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFig View Post
    Well, well, well....

I am sooooo pissed off I could punch a dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    hey,
    just thought i'd check what the MYBB acquintences can offer.

looking for big mutha of a screen for a boardroom, mainly just presentations, excel sheet sharing with the whole room from a laptop, some video conference, etc, but prices on BIIIIG screens are a little out of comfortable range.

if a 55" LCD can be had for R10-R15K or less, is 60" for less than R20K really impossible?
    makes no sense to pay >R40K and more for 60" if u can get 4 x 55" for that price?
    sure its only 5" bigger so it may seem OK, if there is such a mo3rse price diff, to just go with 55", but 60" would just be better :-)

if there is +-60" LCD available at reasonable (!) prices, please PM me
    many thanx
    59" plasma is about R17k (PS59D550).

55" LCD around R22k.

Projector could be a better option. 720p aren't too badly priced; 1080p however seem quite pricey. Depends what you need. Also take into account bulb replacement cost.
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
    Each account is allocated to only 1 x user.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPot View Post
    59" plasma is about R17k (PS59D550)
    Yeah, we use these in boardrooms for the videocon systems. Work pretty well, only downside is the reflectivity of the glass screen.

If you prefer a LCD (matt screen) the 55" LG 55LK530 is roughly in the same price range.
    Still here ... FTL drives offline

Grandmaster

hehehe.... well... who knows what goes on in boardrooms after hours :-)
    thanx all for the replies.
    was also thinking about rather get good projector... already has one that fills the bigscreen in the centre... the LCD screen mainly as second screen for presenter no 2, or for video conference, 1 screen for doc sharing other for faces.
    light not so much a problem, its a 'lapa' - thatch grass roof, and canvas sides, so all incoming light can be blocked.
    director just thinking about putting LCD screens on the side to allow more than one person to present from laptop, at same time in meetings.
    At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box