Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast

Thread: BMW New 3 Series (F30) Pricing released

Very nice car, what I want will probably set my back 450 (320i+extras)... Consider what I can get for my car, i am very far from buying one of these.

Super Grandmaster

the daddy:

Wondering how much these will go for? R800k?

EDIT: Make that MUCH more, see the current M3 coupe starts at R854k
    Last edited by Brawler; 19-02-2012 at 09:07 PM.

^ now that is beautiful
    McLAREN MERCEDES
    Twitter Flickr

Master
    Blog Entries

Does anyone know what the price of the m sports package is? I see it in the brochure but not the pricelist.

one day, I'll have one of those...

perhaps when its 10 years old...

This is the most beautiful 3 series to date. The prices are in line with the other german cars, rip offs for sure, but they will sell.

I don't really like that the model number doesn't designate the engine capacity anymore, eg : 328 now has a 2l engine

:| kinda semantics though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
    the daddy:

Wondering how much these will go for? R800k?

EDIT: Make that MUCH more, see the current M3 coupe starts at R854k
    I thought that would be a regular 3 series shopped to a M3, which usually happens when a new 3 is released with no word yet on the M model.

Anyway I see you have a price for it, so I guess that it's legit, and speaking of which that isn't so crazy either, since I actually had a bit of interest M3's have always been R700K and up.

Grandmaster

Crazy money for a family sedan, upmarket or not. Can it make coffee and fly?
    >>>>>> <<<<<<

Super Grandmaster

The guy that buys a BMW new is stupid.

BTW, I <3 BMW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by abandonallhope View Post
    This is the most beautiful 3 series to date. The prices are in line with the other german cars, rip offs for sure, but they will sell.

I don't really like that the model number doesn't designate the engine capacity anymore, eg : 328 now has a 2l engine

:| kinda semantics though.
    Yeah but look at the power output. Wonder if it's not a typo? Or it's a twin turbo charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

They look good, but damn, the options packages are so expensive! Anything worth having is over R10k. And even window tinting is R3.5k - guaranteed they will take it to the guy down the road who will do it for R1.5k.

Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    Yeah but look at the power output. Wonder if it's not a typo? Or it's a twin turbo charged.
    From the brochure posted earlier it is a 2l engine. Not sure if it has twin turbos though, probably does considering the power output.

These prices are just ridiculous though, and it's only going to keep getting worse. Especially considering the maintenance plan (which I still think were introduced so that the prices of services and parts could be artificially adjusted upwards) implications. What it also does is force people to sell or trade in their vehicles for a newer model before the maintenance plan expires, because of the sharp decline in resale value after it expires.
    Solve two of the world's major problems: feed the homeless to the hungry

It definitely is turbocharged, and probably twin turbo. That kinda power output is normal for a 2l these days. The 1.6 turbocharged 2010 Astra kicks 132kw.

Even the normal 320i now has a turbo charged engine that puts out 135kW I think.

The guy that buys a BMW new is stupid.

BTW, I <3 BMW.
    But you think BMW buyers are stupid.

/scratches head.

I bought one new, because there wasn't one 2nd hand model available anywhere (in the world probably).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast