Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Are you able to use up your iBurst data?

Default Are you able to use up your iBurst data?

iBurst has to come to the party by offering lots of data at an affordable price but it appears that its quite a challenge to use up your daily data allocation.
    When it comes to downloads midnight to morning works brilliantly but slows down dramatically during the day.
    Surely if that is what is allocated to you for the month you have a right to download at the full speed.Capped data should not be throttled imo.
    I seem to be carrying over a lot of bandwith for the day after my mid-morn data gets depleted.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by DrYes View Post
    "When it comes to downloads midnight to morning works brilliantly but slows down dramatically during the day."
    They were working fine until thursday. Started shaping anything that streams. Normal downloads work fine.

I have alot of extra bandwidth that I will never be able to use with the speeds we get.
    I am currently have 84GB left.

If we are getting all this data they should ease up on the shaping.

I agree I can never use up my bandwidth allocation purely due to the speeds I get. I am thinking of moving though.

Im uncapped+ and never used the data/per month as my other colleuges do

Quote Originally Posted by Eyenstyn View Post
    They were working fine until thursday. Started shaping anything that streams. Normal downloads work fine.
    I've been basking in the glory of free uncapped ADSL for three months so I didn't notice the excessive shaping.When the free ADSL lapsed I did a quick check of Iburst which showed decent although not extraordinary figures for mid-morn.
    Since posting this though it has been terrible and I categorically retract my 'brilliant' statement.Cancelling at the end of the month and using 8ta's 10gig mid-morn instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Undocumented View Post
    I have alot of extra bandwidth that I will never be able to use with the speeds we get.
    I am currently have 84GB left.

If we are getting all this data they should ease up on the shaping.
    Yip.Im heading that way as well.I've got 20gig carried over daytime data that i cant even blow on one torrent.i feel like a newlywed who told he can do foreplay now but the actual penetration only next month.And even then there's no gaurantee.

Quote Originally Posted by bantumi View Post
    I agree I can never use up my bandwidth allocation purely due to the speeds I get. I am thinking of moving though.
    The speeds are slow but consistent, its the shaping that getting on my tits.I'm officially parting ways with Iburst at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by spizone View Post
    Im uncapped+ and never used the data/per month as my other colleuges do
    so your colleagues use more than you even though you're on uncapped?
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

so your colleagues use more than you even though you're on uncapped?
    yea colleagues that use other isp's, but with the same speed im using

I noticed that I'm still able to download from mid-morn even though my allocation for that time period is sitting at 0.

Does the data come off your normal allocation to feed the mid-morn?
    Lets say I want to do some normal browsing at 1am does my normal data kick in after the mid-morn is depleted?
    Is that what I'm seeing here.

Quote Originally Posted by DrYes View Post
    Lets say I want to do some normal browsing at 1am does my normal data kick in after the mid-morn is depleted?
    Yes, once your midnight2morning data is finished, your anytime data starts getting used, regardless of the time you use it.