Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NOTICE: International Internet connectivity issues since February 17 [Resolved]

Loading images from ImageShack is painfully slow.

In particular the image linked to in this post.

Glad I am not alone. Can't even get to gmail.

Pathetic.

Jeff

Still fuxxored.

And apparently it will take 3 ****ing weeks to repair this. Surely iBurst can't expect us to go on like this for 3 weeks? That's nearly a friggin month!!!

Gotten so bad recently that I have finally thrown in the towel.
    Moving to MTN uncapped 3g for R 100 a month more than iBurst.
    Even the fair use policy where you get throttled to 256kb's is still faster than my current iBurst connection.

To be fair though, it isn't really Iburst's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tw171 View Post
    Not entirely, but partially. Surely an ISP has to be prepared for issues such as this and have a backup plan in place. Why are they routing most of their international traffic through this cable anyway? Why is it only iBurst that have been hit hard and not all other ISPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tw171 View Post
    So its not there problem for laying all there eggs in one basket not there fault for charging us for a service we not getting and not there fault for not knowing what the word communication or public relations mean

How is your P2P download speed?

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlothXCI View Post
    Not entirely, but partially. Surely an ISP has to be prepared for issues such as this and have a backup plan in place. Why are they routing most of their international traffic through this cable anyway? Why is it only iBurst that have been hit hard and not all other ISPs?
    I remember reading somewhere that they will be buying bandwidth on WACS

I've also been with iBurst for quite some time (five years, maybe six?) and lately I'm frequently getting breathtaking speeds of 1.42kbps. I love clicking a link, then waiting 20 minutes for the page to show up. Nothing pleases me more than getting Send/Receive errors on while trying to check email. The best part is when I have an excess of, say, 3GB antime and 2GB midnight/morning data available to justify these superluminal speeds. I highly recommend iBurst to anyone who wants to slowly time travel into the future while waiting for websites to load. This service is so breathtaking I don't think I can take it anymore, so I am now in search of replacement ISP.
    Last edited by damocci; 28-02-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 8321 View Post
    Glad I am not alone. Can't even get to gmail.

Pathetic.

Jeff
    +1

iBurst = FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Bvovo View Post
    I'm having the same issue, constant disconnections but it will stay connect for while before disconnecting... using a Mac
    Have the same issue, also using Mac. What version OS are you running on your Mac?

Not entirely? I am being charged for a 2mb modem, but that means nothing. Sorry. Entirely their fault. The cable problem is not going to be resolved soon, and I keep checking the forums for an update, but IBurst and their representative's are not even posting responses anymore. But hey, wait, there is the whole licence fee debate as well.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast