Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: 8520 scroll button

Default 8520 scroll button

Hi

Got my BB a week now, and only 2 days after i got it, the scroll button sometimes stop working..sometimes 1once a day, sometimes 3 times in 10 muns, then i have to pull the battery to get it working again...

I really dont want to send my phone in and wait 2 weeks again for it...

Any tips?

PS: i did upgrade to newest version firmware.

Flame

Flame, do not burn the thing. Remove battery, restart and be slow with it.. Its just a blackberry, not a Iphone.

Take it back, with MTN SP you get 10working days for an out of box failure (OBF) AFAIK, all the other providers should be the same.

Return it, you have the right to ask for a new one (same model unfortunately)

it dont stop work when i work with it, when i put it down and want to use it again, it just dont work...hopefully its less than 7 days atm, im at voda...

I have the same prob but it has only happened once or twice and its been working fine.

Hi the guys at Berryfix can fix it for you, 24 to 72 hrs. You can reach them on 086 005 6729‎ or at http://www.facebook.com/berryfix

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Hi

Got my BB a week ow, and only 2 days after i got it, the scroll button sometimes stop working..sometimes 1once a day, sometimes 3 times in 10 muns, then i have to pull the battery to get it working again...

I really dont want to send my phone in and wait 2 weeks again for it...

Any tips?

PS: i did upgrade to newest version firmware.

Flame
    a few options.
    Give the button a good firm rubbing in all directions.
    Or remove battery then press the scroll button 8 times to reset it.
    Lastly if you are ok with a screwdriver,remove battery and sim. You will see the sim holder has a few screws. If you remove the holder you will notice it also keeps the scroll button in place from the rear. You need to get something like a small piece of a business card (about 2mm x 4mm) between the chassis of the phone & the sim holder (to the left of the scroll button looking from the back of the phone) Replace the sim holder & screws.
    This will marginally increase the contact pressure on the scroll button from the rear - problem over. I have done this on 5 of these phones having the same problem. None has had a problem since.
    Just look carefully 1st & you will realise its a simple 10 minute procedure. Take your time & be gentle. Dont be tempted to over tighten the screws.

Quote Originally Posted by grantza View Post
    a few options.
    Give the button a good firm rubbing in all directions.
    Or remove battery then press the scroll button 8 times to reset it.
    Lastly if you are ok with a screwdriver,remove battery and sim. You will see the sim holder has a few screws. If you remove the holder you will notice it also keeps the scroll button in place from the rear. You need to get something like a small piece of a business card (about 2mm x 4mm) between the chassis of the phone & the sim holder (to the left of the scroll button looking from the back of the phone) Replace the sim holder & screws.
    This will marginally increase the contact pressure on the scroll button from the rear - problem over. I have done this on 5 of these phones having the same problem. None has had a problem since.
    Just look carefully 1st & you will realise its a simple 10 minute procedure. Take your time & be gentle. Dont be tempted to over tighten the screws.
    You are a star I thought I'd broken my son's blackberry cos the scroll button stopped responding while I was using his phone. It's still under warranty, so I was going to take it in on Monday...thought I'd check on Mybb first
    Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDenz View Post
    You are a star I thought I'd broken my son's blackberry cos the scroll button stopped responding while I was using his phone. It's still under warranty, so I was going to take it in on Monday...thought I'd check on Mybb first
    Stop snooping on his phone all kids his age sext.
    i nrrf iy

Quote Originally Posted by abzo View Post
    Stop snooping on his phone all kids his age sext.
    Hush! Poor child has no clue I know his Fb password

/ only used his phone cos I had no signal on mine.
    Last edited by D3nz; 02-03-2013 at 07:34 PM.

The 8520's scroll button sometimes stops responding.

Most of the time you can get it working by locking the phone and unlocking it again, press back until you get to the home screen, then hold the lock button (*), after the screen turns black, unlock the phone and the scroll button should be responding again.

Regards,
    8520 Owner

U made a huge mistake in getting the 8520. Trust me I can talk from experience. I am on my 3rd hand set for a year but I am getting a Curve 9360, apparently much better. The dude at MTN actually told me the 8520 told me it's the most returned phone....

I also know people that have never had any issues with their Curve 8520 either

Quote Originally Posted by Safferbeauty View Post
    U made a huge mistake in getting the 8520. Trust me I can talk from experience. I am on my 3rd hand set for a year but I am getting a Curve 9360, apparently much better. The dude at MTN actually told me the 8520 told me it's the most returned phone....

I also know people that have never had any issues with their Curve 8520 either
    It's actually the 9320,upgrade handset from the 8520, but this was the only thread I found with the scroll button issue. The 8520 currently resides in the drawer with the other broken/old phones

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by MsDenz View Post
    Well done on the thread necro
    grantza -> 06-03-2012 11:26 AM
    MsDenz -> 02-03-2013 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    Well done on the thread necro
    grantza -> 06-03-2012 11:26 AM
    MsDenz -> 02-03-2013 04:00 PM
    Thanks I should have waited till the 6th and made it exactly a year