Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nokia’s smartphone comeback

Default Nokia’s smartphone comeback

Nokia’s comeback

Nokia is battling to keep up with companies like Apple and Samsung in the smartphone market, but the company has plans to rectify this

Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    Nokia’s comeback

Nokia is battling to keep up with companies like Apple and Samsung in the smartphone market, but the company has plans to rectify this
    It will.

In 11 months when my current Nokia smartphone's contract is up for an upgrade I plan to have the whole range of Nokia/Windows devices of the 'ecosystem'. WP8 phone and tab, working on my Windows 8 laptop.

I think Nokia needs to start producing a range of Android handsets if they ever want to get anywhere.
    McLAREN MERCEDES
    Twitter Flickr

Blog Entries

I believe that Nokia will win with their Lumia 800 with a aggressive marketing strategy at Shop franchise level IF they resolve their problems sooner than later, namely:-
    1. An update software patch from Microsoft other than the recent to address the battery life problems.
    2. The Vodacom ShortCode SMS 31050 = HSQ = Handset ID system error.

Watch out Andriod/Symbian your days are numbered

They'll make no progress unless they get the Lumia range offered by more operators, not just Vodacom - and that only on Business Call. mTN and 8ta say they'll get it, but still no packages, nearly a month since the Jan 26 Vodacom launch. Hurry up please, my contract's ending soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanr View Post
    I believe that Nokia will win with their Lumia 800 with a aggressive marketing strategy at Shop franchise level IF they resolve their problems sooner than later, namely:-
    1. An update software patch from Microsoft other than the recent to address the battery life problems.
    2. The Vodacom ShortCode SMS 31050 = HSQ = Handset ID system error.

Watch out Andriod/Symbian your days are numbered
    Does the lumina 800 range come in the "budget" category where you get android/symbian handsets in the price range of R1200 - R1800 for these 2 operating systems to be quaking in their boots? Never mind that there's Blackberry smartphone also competing at ~R1700(and winning according to market share as reported on Mybb).Or are we talking high-end?Just asking.

Lumia 800 is R5999 on Vodacom pre-paid @ Incredible Connection. The lumia 710 may be just over half that. Nothing to knock the low-end android phones though.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Barge View Post
    They'll make no progress unless they get the Lumia range offered by more operators, not just Vodacom - and that only on Business Call. mTN and 8ta say they'll get it, but still no packages, nearly a month since the Jan 26 Vodacom launch. Hurry up please, my contract's ending soon.
    Vodacom signed a deal with Nokia to have the Lumia exclusively for a while hence why the other networks can't sell them yet.

I hope that the Lumia range succeeds here. Its always good for the customer to have competition. Android and apple is nice, but that's hardly enough. Meego and WP should both be fully adopted by Nokia.

Also, the local operators need to catch a ****ing wakeup. They alone will kill the sale of smartphones in this country. Thei 75 mb 'smartphone datA bundles' allows for blackberry phones to thrive.

We need more developers to develop good apps for these phones. Even the n9 is perfect, after the pr1.1.1 update. Everything is there, but no one is interested in developing for it...or not yet.
    i5-4670K|CoolerMaster Nepton 140XL|20GB Kingston Beast Series Ram|Asus Gryphon Z87|AMD Sapphire HD 7950|CoolerMaster Sniper|90GB Kingston SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Barge View Post
    Lumia 800 is R5999 on Vodacom pre-paid @ Incredible Connection. The lumia 710 may be just over half that. Nothing to knock the low-end android phones though.
    I think the strategy is normally to start off with a semi premium product and then work up and down. The 710 Lumia is already out. Nokia's CEO in France I think was saying the 800 is like the BMW 5 series. After it has been released and got the public hooked then they will release the 7 and 3 series. I foresee a 1 series too i.e Lumia 500 or something that will be in the sub R2000 bracket to compete with the likes of the Samsung Galaxy Y and Blackberry 8250.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameronsmith63 View Post
    We need more developers to develop good apps for these phones. Even the n9 is perfect, after the pr1.1.1 update. Everything is there, but no one is interested in developing for it...or not yet.
    Not WhatsApp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaudio View Post
    I think Nokia needs to start producing a range of Android handsets if they ever want to get anywhere.
    +1

I think Nokia should look into using Android OS for their smartphones. Windows Phone cannot compete with iOS or Android for that matter. These 2 have huge app stores.

Quote Originally Posted by ngadao08 View Post
    +1

I think Nokia should look into using Android OS for their smartphones. Windows Phone cannot compete with iOS or Android for that matter. These 2 have huge app stores.
    Yup. Android will be become the Windows OS for phones.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    Yup. Android will be become the Windows OS for phones.
    Last time I checked it already is.
    Insert witty comment here...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast