Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Cant make phone calls on MTN when balance hit R4

Default Cant make phone calls on MTN when balance hit R4

what the hack is wrong with mtn ? Every time my balance reaches R4 i wont be able to make phone calls peak time or off peak, mtn to mtn either it tells me insufficient balance, Wtf ? I have tried to change price plans still it doesnt help. I can still go on net though

Same here. Perplexed. As about 5 moths ago I could buzz someone with R0.01c.

Super Grandmaster

Vodacom does it on R2 iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

bloody thieves and yet they sell R5 airtime and expect me just to use R1 on phone call

Why don't you guys stop being cheapskates and put some proper airtime on your phones. If R4 is an issue for you then you have bigger problems.

Grandmaster

A friend of mine said that started to happen when he installed Whatsapp, don't really know if its Whatsapps background running causing it but I doubt it, people have been running Whatsapp for more then a year now on MTN.

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deweyzeph View Post
    Why don't you guys stop being cheapskates and put some proper airtime on your phones. If R4 is an issue for you then you have bigger problems.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by deweyzeph View Post
    Thats bulls**t not everyone can afford to buy R100 airtime. I used to call with R1 and now they will even disconnect me when i reach R4
    Last edited by mazelove; 20-02-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randux View Post
    A friend of mine said that started to happen when he installed Whatsapp, don't really know if its Whatsapps background running causing it but I doubt it, people have been running Whatsapp for more then a year now on MTN.
    OH, I understand what happen. Whatsapp initiate Internet connection and while this connection is active, MTN reserve some small airtime cap for this connection. It is why it cannot be used for calls. Once Internet connection is terminated, cap is returned to the user (minus Internet usage).

I observed it on some older phone, checking balance before making Internet connection, during and after terminating connection.

its the same with vodacom,but a never thought anyone would ever make a fuss about it