Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: [Resolved] Sybaritic.co.za price change after purchase

Super Grandmaster

Well in the long run, even if the OP is wrong, Graeme has done the reputation of his business a great deal of good by honouring the prices. I just hope he hasn't opened himself up to others going through his pricelist trying to find errors.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    Well in the long run, even if the OP is wrong, Graeme has done the reputation of his business a great deal of good by honouring the prices. I just hope he hasn't opened himself up to others going through his pricelist trying to find errors.
    Thats exactly what he's done unfortunately.... and I am sorry for Graeme that this has happened.

I hope OP updates his opening post to indicate that the matter was resolved. Who knows who is going to come across this thread, and stay away from Sybaritic because no-one ever reads anything past the first couple of posts.

/my 2c
    <sig Type=Disclaimer>UPFRONT DISCLAIMER:(©FarligOpptreden 2009) Don't like my code, speak to them.</sig>
    <sig Type=PimpMySticky>Need help with .NET?</sig>

Quote Originally Posted by dequadin View Post
    I hope OP updates his opening post to indicate that the matter was resolved. Who knows who is going to come across this thread, and stay away from Sybaritic because no-one ever reads anything past the first couple of posts.

/my 2c
    Given how the OP was hellbent on screwing Sybaritic, I doubt that will happen.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by dequadin View Post

/my 2c
    Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by B.O.F.H. View Post
    Given how the OP was hellbent on screwing Sybaritic, I doubt that will happen.
    I don't know the OP, but who ever does the right thing on the internet? People tend abandon threads as soon as they get what they want. (What rule # is that? )
    <sig Type=Disclaimer>UPFRONT DISCLAIMER:(©FarligOpptreden 2009) Don't like my code, speak to them.</sig>
    <sig Type=PimpMySticky>Need help with .NET?</sig>

Super Grandmaster

Everyone RBP (or click on the link below) the first thread to have ""(RESOLVED) See post #80" added.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/report.php?p=7766339

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Hey Hey All

Although there may be disagreement here about the motives of the OP, if the CPA stipulates this, and Sybaritic is (and ALL online retailers methinks) contravening this, then perhaps refrain from attacking the OP for legally acquiring what the CPA has entitled him to.

What this means for you and me though, is an increase across the board on all items as online retailers now have to do so much more before actually selling anything. The increased man-hours required in ensuring this does not happen will be passed on to the consumer. I for one did not know that placing items in my cart becomes a binding contract.... YEEEK. I have a lot of money owing to many retailers as I have a lot of "wishlist" items sitting in their carts while I play with budgets and things... they are no where near ready for check-out, but, I fear that I may be owing a lot of money now if I am held to my part of this contract.

I still prefer another way of doing business... one that benefits without harm... but I am old school, and not part of this me-mine! generation.
    Last edited by kilobits; 22-02-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

I repeat...

@OP

As a matter of interest, could you post Sybaritic's CPA contraventions here as outlined to them by the law professor... "quoting all various rules and sections of the CPA they break". It would be of interest to me, and other online retailers I am sure.

This I would really like to see.

Guinness please.

So, In April last year I ordered something. Then again in December. About 230 days between orders, order numbers suggest around 14000 orders were placed. Not bad going. Not fantastic but acceptable. 22000 orders per year. Now, rate of attrition and markup play a part.

If the OP relates a positive experience in the end and this ups the orders to even 61 per day, Graeme has not done too badly.

OP: do the people that stood up for your rights (drunkard, myself) a favour and honour us by updating your post to say resolved.

Graeme is down with the GregNess

★ mAcme for Mac OS X & 3G | Antenna & Tower Help
    MyBB Currie Cup SuperBru
    Block WASPs on MTN. Dial *141*5# Select Content Billing.

Actually in my discussions with Graeme, it seems as if the OP is possibly being a bit dishonest...

I very much doubt they got the product at the initial price. They might have got a discount on the product though.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567