Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Nexus: SA pricing and launch details

Default Samsung Galaxy Nexus: SA pricing and launch details

Samsung Galaxy Nexus: SA pricing and launch details

Vodacom has confirmed pricing information and a launch window for Google’s flagship Android smartphone, the Galaxy Nexus

Plastic screen on this sort of phone really is dumb. No thanks.
    "The only things that are infinite are the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Guantanamo View Post
    Eh? It has a no-name fortified glass screen, just not Corning Gorilla Glass... Might not be Gorilla Glass, but it ain't plastic.
    In the Age of Information
    ignorance is a choice

Quote Originally Posted by Guantanamo View Post
    AFAIK it's "fortified glass" not plastic. There's at least one key scratch video out there as well.

Nah...Moto RAZR thank you....and anyone that goes "Ja but it does not come with ICS" I will personally kick in da panty!!!!!
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is now the second public announcement that EmptyN has made in a week that seriously pi$$es me off!
    That's before taking into account their cr@p customer service and useless support services coupled with my ridiculously high monthly bill :|

Honestly, why do I do this every 24 months??

</rant>
    Last edited by Dean; 20-02-2012 at 05:56 PM.

MyBB Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Nah...Moto RAZR thank you....and anyone that goes "Ja but it does not come with ICS" I will personally kick in da panty!!!!!
    People who moan about that should be shot Gingerbread is good and you can always get onto xda and get Gingerbread updates or ICS for that matter.
    Procrastination. I'll find a signature for this later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is now the second public announcement that EmptyN has made in a week that seriously pi$$es me off!
    That's not including their cr@p customer service and useless support services.

Honestly, why do I do this every 24 months??

</rant>
    Perhaps you sub consciously like S&M?
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Quote Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
    People who moan about that should be shot Gingerbread is good and you can always get onto xda and get Gingerbread updates or ICS for that matter.
    Indeed...but Moto also said that the RAZR is inline for ICS upgrade anyway. I saw on the net that it is scheduled for 2nd Q of this year. Not too much longer to wait I think. Getting mine tomorrow....woop woop!
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Perhaps you sub consciously like S&M?
    TBH I do know why - it's because they offer me very attractive credits on my accounts as a retention tool.
    Unfortunately if I move over to Voda, they refuse to take into account any of my 12 year history with MTN.

I have received the ICS update for my Sony Experia Arc.

Glad to have it, but it doesn't really change anything - no noticeable difference !
    Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    It's as if SANRAL is the little handle being used to start flushing SA's economy straight down the sewerage pipes.

I have to say that i love the size of my samsung galaxy note. As cool as the nexus would be, im not sure i can go back to "small" phones again...

Been using the galaxy nexus for close to three months now and one thing is for sure...I am a nexus convert and my next phone will be a nexus.
    love the screen, love vanilla ICS and really enjoy using it, its smooth and fluid
    Last edited by mith; 20-02-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Grandmaster

It's a nice phone...however:

Nexus = R6990
    SGS2 = R5399 (CA Cell -I actually picked my GS2 up for R4899, so in my case R2k)

R1500 (R2k) for a slightly larger screen? Thanks, but no thanks. ICS will be on the GS2 shortly, apparently.

Indeed...but Moto also said that the RAZR is inline for ICS upgrade anyway. I saw on the net that it is scheduled for 2nd Q of this year. Not too much longer to wait I think. Getting mine tomorrow....woop woop!
    I just read an article about the RAZR ICS update, it looks like they didn't go to haywire with their theming...Looks good

Also notice on the one pic where they had the Google Apps folder (pic 4) there was one icon that was removed in between the letters C and D...could this maybe be google drive app that should be comming soon if rumors are correct

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast