Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 8ta speed horrific!

Default 8ta speed horrific!

My maximum speed ever on speed test was 1.2mbps. I average about 0.4mbps and this is with 2 bars of hspa signal. What is up with 8ta???? who should i contact for this? Will it help or will i be wasting my time? I WANT BETTER SPEEDS!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1785740893.png
    test done at 22:00 (20/02/2012)
    Last edited by Mamba1; 20-02-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Super Grandmaster

U should drop 8ta and move to mtn, vodacom or cellc
    Quote Originally Posted by dualmeister View Post
    LOL I have the exact same lava lamp

Grandmaster

I put the new simpsons epp on to download last night, 178MB when i woke up this morning it was on 42%. That was 8 hours of downloading.... So ja i feel your frustration!

*oh that was also on 8ta.
    Last edited by StonerStuart; 21-02-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    - Insert Signature Here -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba1 View Post
    My maximum speed ever on speed test was 1.2mbps. I average about 0.4mbps and this is with 2 bars of hspa signal. What is up with 8ta???? who should i contact for this? Will it help or will i be wasting my time? I WANT BETTER SPEEDS!

Yoh that really is bad. Im sure there is an 8ta rep on this forum, he will show up soon enough if he is around.

And what will they do? Reading other posts just points out the no care attitude 8ta seems to have. Well hopefully the rep finds me, and I hope he can help me with my situation!

Also been getting bad download speeds and frequent disconnects.
    Very frustrating.
    Register to become an organ donor here -> https://www.odf.org.za/index.php/201...ew=jscriptcase

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba1 View Post

Hi
    We would like to help
    Please email your 8ta number, contact details and physical address to social@8ta.com.
    Please mention MyBroadband and your username in the subject line.
    Thank you
    8ta

Please post back here, I'm interested, wanted to sign up but will wait

Quote Originally Posted by StonerStuart View Post
    I put the new simpsons epp on to download last night, 178MB when i woke up this morning it was on 42%. That was 8 hours of downloading.... So ja i feel your frustration!

*oh that was also on 8ta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper25 View Post
    Also been getting bad download speeds and frequent disconnects.
    Very frustrating.
    Hi
    We would like to help
    Please email your 8ta number, contact details and physical address to social@8ta.com.
    Please mention MyBroadband and your username in the subject line.
    Thank you
    8ta

Quote Originally Posted by MR V View Post
    Please post back here, I'm interested, wanted to sign up but will wait
    I wish I went on this forum before getting 8ta.

Glad I went with CellC. Speed is great ,but 2Gigs goes so quickly :-(

Considered 8ta for the extra bandwidth ,but whats the use if you cannot use it?

I've also been having speed issues with 8ta in East London lately. I have the Huawei E367 modem. I'm not sure if its just me, but there seems to have been a degradation of speed in the past 2 months. The last time I got speeds around the 5mbps mark was around November last year. I'm now getting around 1.5mbps or less lately. My upload speeds on the other hand have been beyond pathetic at around 0.1mbps or less and my pings aren't very consistent. I was considering getting the 60+60 promo, but until i see better and more consistent speeds, I shall be holding back on that.

Thanks for letting us know that 8ta sucks. I was actually considering it.

It's odd.

I've got very little to complain with about 8ta. I'm getting a consistent 2mbps and have since I bought it just after they launched the 10GB special. Last week I had disconnects and have issues with throughput after leaving it idle - but all the providers have the same issues.

I guess it all depends on location? I'm in Northriding now and although it's not a plot in the middle of nowhere, I cannot get ADSL ... Vodacom is dead .... Cell C is dead ... and MTN barely usable. 8ta is pretty much my only option and I'm happy with it

A friend in Fourways is getting between 9-12mbps
    http://www.riverbed.com/

Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

When I first switched to 8ta around Oct/Nov last year the speeds I was getting was phenomenal averaging around 5-6mbps, but now I'm lucky if I can go past 1.5mbps. I had similar issues with cell c, amazing speeds during the first month or 2 and then downhill from there. Fortunately for me, I've not committed myself to any data contracts so I can switch providers as I see fit, but I'd really like to get the 60+60 promo, if only I could get more consistent speeds. Unfortunately due to cable theft adsl is not an option for me, so I have no choice but to use 3g.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast