Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Thread: Good guys and girls sometimes win

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    Aah thanks man, was actually looking for that story... only half remembered the details (I see I got some wrong so I updated my initial post on the matter to be more accurate). Thanks for the link
    Read this for more hypocrisy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Read this for more hypocrisy.
    Ug, that guys douche baggery makes me so angry. Such a bloody hypocrite.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Super Grandmaster

Just proof that atheists are whackjobs.

How does a banner harm you. You don't believe - cool, your right and that. But does it really harm you in anyway even if you see it every day? Heck, take an example at a tengent - you don't like marmite yet they continue to display it in the store you work in. Does it really do anything to you?

Yes, Marmite tastes vile and people who eat are not well.

How is that really different from a banner? You don't have to like it. You can think the people who think it is great are idiots but just how does it impact on you.

Especially when you realise that Marmite eaters are unreasonable. Start a campaign to have it removed and people will get upset. Probably more because people do not like change than becuase they really need the Marmite.

Oh, it's against the law you say. Did anyone stop to think that the law is wrong? I suppose if I could prove that Marmite was actually cancer forming we'd be able to substantiate that Marmite should be outlawed. Has anyone proven that religion is bad for you? Yes - there are religious nutjobs and they tend to be pretty bad for everyone but religion itself?

I am pretty sure that most of the comments are unnecessary too. And show the hypocrisy that does exist. But she became a minor celeb, was probably exploited by someone with an agenda, and scored some bucks. But she now has her name on every list titled '**** Stirrers to Avoid' in the USA.
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Albereth View Post
    Atheists are the most hated minority in the world, so your insult doesnt mean much to us. I guess to get more loved we gotta blow up abortion clinics or fly planes into buildings or something (like the religious people do)... but somehow we just cant get to that level.

How does a banner harm you. You don't believe - cool, your right and that. But does it really harm you in anyway even if you see it every day? Heck, take an example at a tengent - you don't like marmite yet they continue to display it in the store you work in. Does it really do anything to you?

How is that really different from a banner? You don't have to like it. You can think the people who think it is great are idiots but just how does it impact on you.

Especially when you realise that Marmite eaters are unreasonable. Start a campaign to have it removed and people will get upset. Probably more because people do not like change than becuase they really need the Marmite.

Oh, it's against the law you say. Did anyone stop to think that the law is wrong? I suppose if I could prove that Marmite was actually cancer forming we'd be able to substantiate that Marmite should be outlawed. Has anyone proven that religion is bad for you? Yes - there are religious nutjobs and they tend to be pretty bad for everyone but religion itself?

I am pretty sure that most of the comments are unnecessary too. And show the hypocrisy that does exist. But she became a minor celeb, was probably exploited by someone with an agenda, and scored some bucks. But she now has her name on every list titled '**** Stirrers to Avoid' in the USA.
    This had already been addressed. Apache has already proposed the same "argument" you have, and it has already been addressed. I have no problems with Bibles been given to kids and such as long as you dont mind the same in return (ie, spell books been given out). Though the atheists, as per usual (the 3rd largest religious identity in the world).. will of course not have their beliefs and freedom from religion respected... but theyre just atheists. Who gives a **** as long as your beliefs are respected right?
    Last edited by ghoti; 21-02-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Can you respond whether you agree or disagree with the following statements:

1. Just as it is right and proper that the school displayed a Christian banner, so should they also display an Atheist banner and a Pagan banner. As you say, maybe she got offended over nothing. Would you agree with having Pagan and Atheist banners as well as Christian banners?
    2. The hate, ridicule and death threats that she received was proper. She deserved it. Christians should show their hatred and anger to those who want their religion, or lack thereof, to be treated equally to Christianity.

Blog Entries

What if it were a Muslim prayer on the school wall?

How do you not understand that in order for people of all religious beliefs (or none) to be treated equitably, there can be no preference given by any public institution, to any particular religion?

The law is most certainly not wrong, I'd suggest you take a look at theocracies, to get a taste of what it's like to live in a place where one religion is given preference...

As for 'proof that atheists are whackjobs'... Really?
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.
    Not Eks.

Well in this case, the school would help organize the kids together for the recess bible thumping.
    If it is a presentation by a private organisation not officially sanctioned and supported by the school then you are not required to attend.
    Delta Motor Corporation of South Africa Opel Monza 160i GSi Car of the Year 1991
    Historical Significance

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by porchrat View Post
    If it is a presentation by a private organisation not officially sanctioned and supported by the school then you are not required to attend.
    Read how the school changed the rules at the right time to suite the christians here: http://www.christianpost.com/news/bi...-pastor-66631/

Blog Entries

Are these threats not from school children? Not that I'm downplaying the threat, I'm just wondering about the maturity of these people.

Besides that I dont buy her motivation. A banner, a simple piece of material, made her feel "ostracized and out of place" so she took action to do what? Yea, alienate everyone around her. For someone who claims to believe in science and logic she did the most illogical thing.
    But its her right yea? Thats the main thing I suppose, exercising your rights. Its not about tit for tat at all. Its not petty at all. She has aright to make them take down a piece of their history because and inanimate object made her feel bad.

The people threatening her are stupid, but so is she.

Stupid Stupid people.
    I am 13531

"Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

Thanks for the thread crap Albereth, knew you wouldnt be able to respond.

Blog Entries

Hit n run posters ftw

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Can you respond whether you agree or disagree with the following statements:

1. Just as it is right and proper that the school displayed a Christian banner, so should they also display an Atheist banner and a Pagan banner. As you say, maybe she got offended over nothing. Would you agree with having Pagan and Atheist banners as well as Christian banners?
    2. The hate, ridicule and death threats that she received was proper. She deserved it. Christians should show their hatred and anger to those who want their religion, or lack thereof, to be treated equally to Christianity.
    What is a atheist banner? The opposite of religious is not atheist.

They probably have pagan banners anyway. (But I really do not know) Christianity incroporated a lot of the pagan rituals. Sometimes assimilating and adapting gets you further than throwin a hissy fit.

On point 2, I thought I had said that the comments she received were unneccessary. Threats of violence and death are unacceptable in most cases, not just this one. As for venting ridicule - well, tough tackies on that. People do not have to act all 'civilised' (whtever that means). Perhaps they should have - respect her right to her opinion, but then she should respect their right to theirs.
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

Blog Entries

They probably have pagan banners anyway. (But I really do not know) Christianity incroporated a lot of the pagan rituals. Sometimes assimilating and adapting gets you further than throwin a hissy fit.
    By assimilating and adapting you mean... murdering and pillaging. You need to watch the movie Agora. Early Christians were worse than the Taliban in their fanaticism. The great pagan library of Alexndria and all the worlds combined intelligence is what paid the price for that "assimilating and adapting". They were like the borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Or killed.

Read how the school changed the rules at the right time to suite the christians here: http://www.christianpost.com/news/bi...-pastor-66631/
    This isn't about changing rules this is about a hypothetical situation involving a private organisation handing out bibles or spellbooks or something at a school.

You are arguing that the school is facilitating the rounding up of the kids and I'm saying as long as the school doesn't put any funding into that organisation and doesn't make receipt of anything that organisation is pushing as mandatory then the school isn't facilitating the rounding up of the kids and there isn't a problem.
    Delta Motor Corporation of South Africa Opel Monza 160i GSi Car of the Year 1991
    Historical Significance

Yeah it kinda is. I'm anti religious and call myself an atheist. I do not have a religion.

So you would be okay if the school showed a Wicca banner? Maybe a Pagan ritual or two? You would be fine with that? With a Pentagram and all.

On point 2, I thought I had said that the comments she received were unneccessary. Threats of violence and death are unacceptable in most cases, not just this one. As for venting ridicule - well, tough tackies on that. People do not have to act all 'civilised' (whtever that means). Perhaps they should have - respect her right to her opinion, but then she should respect their right to theirs.
    So basically, without wanting to be too obvious, you are saying that they are justified in going after her, because she "did not respect their opinions"?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast