Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Men threaten to burn Gautrain bus

Hybrid View

Default Men threaten to burn Gautrain bus

http://www.eyewitnessnews.co.za/Story.aspx?Id=82977

“One had a knobkierrie, one had a gun and one had a petrol can in his hand.”

The woman said the gunman ordered all the passengers to move to the back of the bus, but when she refused, he turned to her and said, “I won’t hurt you if you go to the back of the bus.”

At the same time, his alleged accomplice was pouring petrol on the back of the bus.
    Speculation but I would not be surprised if those criminals were some of the ex-bus drivers that were sacked after they embarked on an illegal strike and refused to obey court orders to return to work.

Just another reason to not use the Gaubuses if you have an alternative. My employer has seen the wisdom of running a shuttle service to/from the Centurion station, I think everyone that used to rely on the Gaubuses should try and get their employers to do the same.
    ATTENTION: Bloody dishonourable SCAMRAL agent and clones

Trying to bait me into replying to your troll posts is not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by j4ck455 View Post
    http://www.eyewitnessnews.co.za/Story.aspx?Id=82977

Just another reason to not use the Gaubuses if you have an alternative. My employer has seen the wisdom of running a shuttle service to/from the Centurion station, I think everyone that used to rely on the Gaubuses should try and get their employers to do the same.
    If you do this those criminals win.
    Last edited by TheGuy; 22-02-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    If you do this those criminals.

Sense not making is your post.

Quote Originally Posted by j4ck455 View Post

Sense not making is your post.
    Fixed

I'm not following your logic here, you are effectively saying that by not using the Gaubuses I am encouraging criminals to commit crimes.

There are several reasons that I refuse to use the Gaubuses, this latest incident with criminals pouring petrol out on a bus and holding people up at gunpoint, is one more reason.

Here are my other reasons for saying that the Gaubuses suck donkey bollocks:
    1. the Sandton station bus serving Fourways travels along the very congested routes of William Nicol and Ballyclaire, which is especially congested in the afternoons (a better option, although not ideal would be to replace Ballyclaire with Bryanston Drive);
    2. the Centurion station Gaubuses are never in-synch with the trains, which means waiting on the bus for it to depart from the station, sometimes they skip a scheduled bus trip and only do the next one, that is a 24 minute wait on the bus at the station when I'm in a rush to get to work;
    3. in the afternoons, one of the scheduled buses often never arrives from its end of route 3 bus stops away with zero traffic to speak of, one of the bus drivers told myself and colleagues that it's because they often do not have enough bus drivers, so they skip a trip and do the next one instead;
    4. there are no bus shelters for when it rains;
    5. there are several Gaubus drivers that honk at other Gaubus drivers, which is mildly irritating, but there are Gaubus drivers that honk at taxi drivers (giving away the fact that the Gaubus driver is in fact a former taxi driver, also evidenced by the taxi driving style of these Gaubus drivers);
    6. Gautrain/Bombela management are not interested in any changes to bus routes and keep saying that it is the Gauteng Provincial government that decides on the Gaubus routes and bus stops;
    7. oh and the bus drivers are continually on strike.

Luckily for me, I now have a shuttle alternative to/from Centurion station, and I drive to/from Sandton station, I don't think I am encouraging criminals by not using the Gaubuses.
    Last edited by j4ck455; 22-02-2012 at 12:02 PM.

FFS, this is South Africa 2012. Of course criminals win. Otherwise there would be no criminals. Your logic FAIL : Why should I put my life in danger to justify a failed project? To help ANC save face? NEVER

he must be using Google translate. Trust me, better this then the original I have predicted a while back, the GAU (Größte Anzunehmende Unfall) in the GAU train.

Super Grandmaster DigitalSoldier's Avatar

This is part of their culture...

I can't imagine why anyone would use these buses.
    The service is so unreliable making it quite useless.

There have recently been reports of motorists being illegally coerced to register for e-tolling by SANRAL agents at road blocks:

http://www.eyewitnessnews.co.za/Story.aspx?Id=82984

I wonder if SANRAL agents might try to sabotage the Gautrain in order to force people to use the highways. SANRAL seems to be a law unto itself.

There was a radio news report this afternoon stating that shots were fired at a Gaubus in the Midrand area.

This is what happens when ex-taxi drivers are employed to drive buses and are subsequently fired for refusing to work.

Super Grandmaster

So nothing has changed, thats why we stopped using the trains in the old days. Goverment promised a safe enviroment - typical ANC lie!!! Rip us off to build, rip us off to force the usage, now as we all said it ain't gonna work because of crime and thugs!

If they don't do something it'll get worse and worse and it'll become like the old trains.
    ALL POSTS ARE IN MY PERSONAL OPINION
    "Pray for Our President Zuma and his party, Julius Malema, and Zimbabwean Robert Mugabe... Psalm 109:8".