Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The best and worst telecoms operators in SA

Default The best and worst telecoms operators in SA

The best and worst telecoms operators in SA

Analysis of HelloPeter feedback gives insight into which Telecoms operators are rated best and worst

TBH, basing this kind of thing on HelloPeter statistics is not a great start, since like in the article companies who pay to "respond" are also removed from the "most complained about" list...

I'm very def not a fan of HelloPeter after I found out how their business model works, its borderline extortion in my books.

Please elaborate on HelloPeter's "extortion"?

Blog Entries

1. It is interesting to note that Neotel has gone from having the highest complaints/compliments ratio, to the highest number of complaints per 1000 subscribers.

that is the core finding. please take note people.
    Remember: The liver is EVIL and must be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by recre8 View Post
    I think he is referring to HelloPeter asking for a fee to remove a negative review, this is just speculation from my side however.
    Currently on: Afrihost Uncapped 2Mbps
    Cape Town Web Design

The second table is not useful as i bet more than half of MTN and VC subscribers are not in use.

Master

Companies have to pay Hello Peter to respond
    I would not pay Hello Peter

This is a recurring problem. I like MyBB but putting the number of subscribers against HelloPeter statistics are flawed. I am not going to give all the points again. But lets change the last table from "Complaints per 1000 subscribers" to "Compliments per 1000 subscribers" and suddenly the entire is reversed and Neotel looks best and Vodacom looks worst.

It is a ridiculous analysis.

PLEASE. STOP. THAT. This is FABRICATING RESULTS and not real reporting. Report the HelloPeter results. Report the subscriber figures. But don't combine them. Don't publish original research if your methodology is seriously flawed.

Previous thread can be found here. http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/archive/...t-345813.html?.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTDP View Post
    Companies have to pay Hello Peter to respond
    I would not pay Hello Peter
    So the companies have to pay a fee to be able to respond. Doesn't sound like extortion. Or at least, not to me, because I don't own a business.

So the companies have to pay a fee to be able to respond. Doesn't sound like extortion. Or at least, not to me, because I don't own a business.
    Ok, let me paint a picture for you...

I go post a lot of negative stuff about a company on hellopeter.. all of it complete bollocks...

The only way the company can respond or deal with it, is to pay Hello Peter...

For me comparing anything about compliments is ridiculous... How many people actually submit a compliment if everything is working..

Quote Originally Posted by B.O.F.H. View Post

I go post a lot of negative stuff about a company on hellopeter.. all of it complete bollocks...

Have you actually checked how much it costs to respond?

There is an annual registration, set-up and admin. fee payable by EVERY Company Who Responds to reports. The annual fee is R375.00 plus VAT (Total: R427.50 per annum). Companies are also charged an Annual Response Fee according to the number of reports currently on the site about the company.

Companies with less than 4 reports pay no annual response fee. Only the annual registration fee.
    If I ran a company I'd rather pay a minuscule amount to HelloPeter and restore my company's image than lose 10 times as much to bad word-of-mouth. I think HP is invaluable to consumers though. If I were a business owner on the other hand, I guess its a lot harder to have bad service because of HelloPeter.

Its still borderline extortion in my opinion, even if its costs R10.

But you're missing the "annual response fee", which I've seen can be quite hectic...

Quote Originally Posted by B.O.F.H. View Post

What he said. And if you're concerned about your company's image, you'll of course want to be able to give your side of the story (especially if the complaint has been somewhat exaggerated, as many are, or possibly even completely invalid) - and for that you have to pay what I think was a pretty high amount. Pay to clear your name, so to speak.

I understand hellopeter has to make money but the only way it would be fair was for the general public including every company representative to be able to comment on every complaint. Charging a fee is well, extortion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast