Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Italian Traffic Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    Ask for proof...
    From the collection company? Its a collection company on behalf of the munisipality.
    If you can read this... you can read.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacet View Post
    If your rental was already Euro 100 more expensive than expected, rather try to find out if the fine hasn't already been paid first. Would be quite a pain to pay double.
    I'll try but this was like a year ago or something... hope they still remember me

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Sounds like a plan but will they be able to read English?
    Google Translate... did they send the fine to you in italian?

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    Google Translate... did they send the fine to you in italian?
    Little bit of both! hehe

One of my colleagues was also issued a fine all the way from Italy and due to export controls it is almost impossible to pay it from here. We finally took some money with to Germany and paid the fine from there.
    Only the ANC will try to deny that e-tolls cost them a ton of votes in Gauteng...

you never queried why the rental company chaged you 100 euro more?
    most fines get sent to the car hire places and they have the persons card on record and they charge the card - more than likely this has been done already - the actual fine/notice is your copy.

does it say there the amount is still outstanding? I would follow this up with the car hire, they will have all your info on record still.

Super Grandmaster

Write the a letter in Afrikaans, letter must be registered, attach a 100$ (zim dollars) and apologise profusely and profess it wasn't you.
    ALL POSTS ARE IN MY PERSONAL OPINION
    "Pray for Our President Zuma and his party, Julius Malema, and Zimbabwean Robert Mugabe... Psalm 109:8".

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by za1 View Post
    most fines get sent to the car hire places and they have the persons card on record and they charge the card - more than likely this has been done already - the actual fine/notice is your copy.

does it say there the amount is still outstanding? I would follow this up with the car hire, they will have all your info on record still.

I picked up a speeding fine in Zurich, I was doing 60 in a 50 zone, saw the camera flash in my mirror.

Hertz passed my details on to the cops and charged an admin fee for doing so. Cops sent fine to my postal address. It stated that they did not provide copies of the infringement photos, but that they could be inspected in Zurich.

I paid the fine. They have my Identity and Passport number, and European Cops are much more efficient than ours, and I would like to go back to Switzerland sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by za1 View Post
    I was under the impression that it was for this "fine"
    But then I got another letter saying "you didn't respond to the first letter sir"

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi300c View Post
    Write the a letter in Afrikaans, letter must be registered, attach a 100$ (zim dollars) and apologise profusely and profess it wasn't you.
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

With reference to my e-mail about my alleged Italian traffic violation, I
    thought you and your readers might be interested to read this from the Italian Consulate. “According to the Italian Law, a fine to a person resident abroad must be notified within 1 year from the date of the traffic violation which caused the fine. Besides, it must be notified in that person’s language and must contain the indication of a mean of payment form abroad (for instance, the international coordinates, IBAN code, of a bank account where the fined person may pay the fine by international bank transfer). Since the fine you have received does not satisfy the last 2 conditions (it is in Italian and asks you to pay the fine with a postal order you may use only in Post Offices in Italy), I have the pleasure to inform you that you have not to pay anything.”
    From : http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/an...sulation-prize

Honestly, it is better to pay up. You never know when you might need to go back to Italy - and chances are the cops'll be waiting for you should you ignore not to pay the fine...
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Call the Italian consulate and go from there, check legality, dates if the fine has been paid by the car company etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12