Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: LG discusses smartphone plans for SA

Default LG discusses smartphone plans for SA

LG discusses smartphone plans for SA

Will LG take the Android fight to Samsung and HTC?

The LG Optimus 4X HD looks like real competition, but might never reach our shores

yeah, LG, and to a lesser extent, HTC is too slow to get their new phones to SA, can't compete with Samsung.

They actually have nothing new. Like their microwaves though

Article can be summarised in 8 words: LG Optimus 3D will become available in SA.

they are slow in getting devices over here and i have just heard that the samsung galaxy s3 will be coming.

samsung on top of things as usual..
    Roosters crow at the Dawn hoping to rouse the Barnyard, but the Owl knows it is still late at night. The Foxes are about. The Master sleeps.
    THIS IS WHO WE ARE

Sort of a non-article article.

Can't see how anyone can believe what LG says. Gingerbread upgrade for LG phones was promised for the last quarter of 2011. February 2012 and still nothing. They will not be able to compete with HTC or Samsung.

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

The LG Optimus Black is a great phone. Hope they get their phones here faster though.

Well priced phones but the delay in getting them here is a problem.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Minosc View Post
    Can't see how anyone can believe what LG says. Gingerbread upgrade for LG phones was promised for the last quarter of 2011. February 2012 and still nothing. They will not be able to compete with HTC or Samsung.
    Totally agree, I've sent more than half a dozen queries to LG since I got my Optimus Black in June last year regarding the Gingerbread update. At first the responses were "it'll be ready by the end of the month" now it's changed to "we're waiting on approval from the cellular operators in SA" which is the biggest load of B.S I've ever heard. What on earth have the cellular operators got to do with a software update?? LG doesn't even have the option to do an over-the-air update. It can only be done using their desktop software on Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzball View Post
    What on earth have the cellular operators got to do with a software update??
    In short - everything. Firmware updates for Android phones more often than not need to be approved by respective carriers, a process that makes it much longer for us the consumers to get the updates. This is largely because they add some level of customization to the software (that lovely boot-up animation) and apparently also testing for compatibility on their networks. I'm no expert but do know that it's not always the manufacturer's fault. We're still very much a carrier-driven mobile market.
    Last edited by mofyah; 26-02-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling error