Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Those who reward others who cut themselves (Question for Christians)

Default Those who reward others who cut themselves (Question for Christians)

This Afrikaner guy asked me for money today in the mall. He showed me his hand with all the coins in it and I could see he had a big chunk cut from his one wrist. He said he got the gash when he was mugged and it is not self inflicted.
    Now there is no way someone gets a gash like that being mugged. It can only be self inflicted, I looked closely at it and first it looked like a slit wrist but when I looked at it closer it was a big gash just next to the vein not over it. I couldn't believe this guy uses his open hand to show me the gash trying to get money for his self inflicted cut. This guy tried to play me for a fool.

I said no and watched him as he approached other people. He was quite smart as he would do it when people had their wallets out and he would have his cut wrist hand open with coins in it asking people for money following them like a mosquito until they gave in. House wives, gym bunnies were all falling for it.

Now my question is to people who believe in God or the bible.
    Have you or would you give money to this guy knowing he cut himself ?
    The bible says your body is the temple of God so rewarding someone for cutting themselves surely you perpetuate the behaviour and as such are just as in sin.
    Last edited by nfbs; 23-02-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Super Grandmaster

Do christians have some sort of radar that tells them whether or not he's telling the truth. Give him the money on his word and let him sort it with his maker, this is an unfair questions on christians.
    the nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry & depression

Lol, I have a buddy who was mugged/attacked with a rusted piece of jagged pipe and it took a chunk out of his wrist ......... I suppose it was a suicide attempt though according to OP's logic

P.S - slitting wrists, even when done by amateurs doesn't involve gashing, it involves slicing
    : Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

Quote Originally Posted by nfbs View Post
    This Afrikaner guy asked me for money today in the mall. He showed me his hand with all the coins in it and I could see he had a big chunk cut from his one wrist. He said he got the gash when he was mugged and it is not self inflicted.
    Now there is no way someone gets a gash like that being mugged. It can only be self inflicted, I looked closely at it and first it looked like a slit wrist but when I looked at it closer it was a big gash just next to the vein not over it. I couldn't believe this guy uses his open hand to show me the gash trying to get money for his self inflicted cut. This guy tried to play me for a fool.

I said no and watched him as he approached other people. He was quite smart as he would do it when people had their wallets out and he would have his cut wrist hand open with coins in it asking people for money following them like a mosquito until they gave in. House wives, gym bunnies were all falling for it.

The bible says your body is the temple of God so rewarding someone for cutting themselves surely you perpetuate the behaviour and as such are just as in sin.
    You have issues.

You see a guy, clearly hard on his luck, with a slit wrist and your immediate reaction is not "Boy, this guy must have a hard life," but "Clearly it's a self-inflicted wound that he is going around saying was because of a mugging so that he can get a fast buck playing on people's emotions?"

So what if it's self-inflicted? If he wanted to tug at heart strings why would he say it was due to a mugging and not a suicide attempt or whatever and claim that he's "trying to get back on his feet?" It would certainly work far better, don't you think? Maybe he's just not creative enough, eh?

Ever seen someone try to defend themselves? They put their arms up, wrists-outward.

Regardless, not only this... but your first thought is, "What would the Christians do?" **** me, at least you have your priorities in order.

This thread is as restarted as the Richard Dawkins anchestors for slavery thread. What a fail

Blog Entries

Really odd question, I gotta say.

*shrug*
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.

Ulysses Everett McGill OrbitalDawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekstasis View Post
    This thread is as restarted as the Richard Dawkins anchestors for slavery thread. What a fail
    Do you not read what you've typed before you hit post?
    "If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl."

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalDawn View Post
    Do you not read what you've typed before you hit post?
    On the interwebz you can read between the lines. I type fast and don't always check for the spelling errors (even shown) 'cause I don't carez much for dat.

So to give a more direct answer to your question.....erm...no, not reallllllly!

ROFL I saw the title and went "".
    Delta Motor Corporation of South Africa Opel Monza 160i GSi Car of the Year 1991
    Historical Significance

Quote Originally Posted by nfbs View Post

I would give him the money, no questions asked. I live by the golden rule of don't do onto others if you don't like it being done to you. If I was in a bad place and needed help desperately I too would of appreciated the help. So when ever I see someone that requires it, I help.

Now if it was a little girl trying to sell me a raffle ticket from her church I might take offense (hehe, I jest). I do not impose my fantasies on others so I appreciate the same for me. I would still not buy the ticket though.

Yea, sorry I'm not a Christian. (Atheist if you will)
    They must find it difficult those who take authority as the truth instead of truth as the authority

I wouldn't give him money, not because of the wrist thing. More because I dont give money to anyone that I dont know. Period. No beggars or charities see even a cent of my money and that is the way it shall remain. Sob story or not.