Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering OpenWeb after hours uncapped

Default Seriously considering OpenWeb after hours uncapped

Could I have some opinions from folks who have this service?

Super Grandmaster

don't get it unless you have 8mb or 10mb stable line, then it is worth it, no shaping , just awesome speeds i hear.
    Clevo P150HM ,I7 2720QM , 1080P 95% gamut display , 8GB 1333mhz ,Blueray rom ,750gb 7200RPM ,GTX 485M
    PC: fx8350, 4GB HYPERX , R9280x WF3

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hereticangel View Post
    don't get it unless you have 8mb or 10mb stable line, then it is worth it, no shaping , just awesome speeds i hear.
    It works fine for 4meg lines as well.

yeah but if it was a 4mb line wouldnt the plain "openweb gold 4mb" be just as good for cheaper, well I am in bloubergstrand - saw a list that said 10mb is possible

Quote Originally Posted by DrewChan View Post
    yeah but if it was a 4mb line wouldnt the plain "openweb gold 4mb" be just as good for cheaper, well I am in bloubergstrand - saw a list that said 10mb is possible
    The after hours package always used to be a 4meg package then they increased to support 10meg.

The afterhours package has no shaping. If you work during the day, it's worth looking at.

Super Grandmaster

ya on 4mb it is a waste, first upgrade your line if it is stable at 8mb or 10mb, then get afterhours uncapped
    Clevo P150HM ,I7 2720QM , 1080P 95% gamut display , 8GB 1333mhz ,Blueray rom ,750gb 7200RPM ,GTX 485M
    PC: fx8350, 4GB HYPERX , R9280x WF3

Quote Originally Posted by hereticangel View Post
    ya on 4mb it is a waste, first upgrade your line if it is stable at 8mb or 10mb, then get afterhours uncapped
    Id like to understand this a little better. After hours package suited for those that work during the day. That line isnt going to be used, you would just stack the content and let it run. you're asleep when this is hapening, yet you're about to pay double the price? lets say you download 250gb that month, will you be able to get through all that movies/series/whatever before you start downloading again? for me the price doesnt justify the gain. unless i dont get the concept, in that case, enlighten me please.
    Quote Originally Posted by -LiLiTh- View Post
    Don't you just wish you were that tractor and I was riding you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos247 View Post
    Id like to understand this a little better. After hours package suited for those that work during the day. That line isnt going to be used, you would just stack the content and let it run. you're asleep when this is hapening, yet you're about to pay double the price? lets say you download 250gb that month, will you be able to get through all that movies/series/whatever before you start downloading again? for me the price doesnt justify the gain. unless i dont get the concept, in that case, enlighten me please.
    Lots of people on this forum download more than they watch. It's just an epeen contest to them. Must be compensating for something

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrewChan View Post
    Could I have some opinions from folks who have this service?
    hi DrewChan

I used this account for about 5 months, and can honestly say that it was fantastic. Every now and then it was a bit frustrating when I got home early and wanted to download a driver or something and it took so long lol. Plenty of bandwidth during the day to game though, thats quite important!

I would suggest you make sure your line is stable at 10mb, and then buy some prepaid. Test it for a week or so. I would suggest you do that THIS week, then on the 1st March you can pay for your uncapped after hours account. They do NOT offer pro-rata payment. (well their supplier doesnt)

excellent product, and would definitely use it if I had the money
    sigh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qwikslver View Post
    Lots of people on this forum download more than they watch. It's just an epeen contest to them. Must be compensating for something
    pencil
    sigh

Depends on how much you watch/ Download I guess. On a quick calculation which is prob incorrect you should be able to hit 1TB per month- 900Kb*60*60*12*31/1024/1024
    Last edited by DrewChan; 24-02-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos247 View Post
    its more about the speed... You paying to be able to download at 1000k/sec. the unchaped bandwidth is also a biggie... You can stream 720p/1080p feeds without blinking an eye.

Also you can game with normal pings, while you download in the background at 500k/sec. Tried and tested
    sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Qwikslver View Post

Quote Originally Posted by techead View Post
    its more about the speed... You paying to be able to download at 1000k/sec. the unchaped bandwidth is also a biggie... You can stream 720p/1080p feeds without blinking an eye.

Also you can game with normal pings, while you download in the background at 500k/sec. Tried and tested
    So basically people that spend all their free time online.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by techead View Post

Mate of mine in Cape Town downloads at 900KB/s and only sacrifices 20ms
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast