Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: I Just saw DFA Outside My House!!!!!!!

Default I Just saw DFA Outside My House!!!!!!!

Hi guys,

I am too excited. i was driving to the hyde park shopping centre (which i can literally walk to from my house), and i saw they were digging up a lot of pavement and grass n stuff. they were laying huge orange pipes. i looked at that board thingy that tells you what they are doing, and what company is commissioning it, and lo and behold, IT WAS DFA!!! i even saw the logo and everything.

I am too excited for words. this is being done not even 100M from my house. i know i will not be able to use it for probably the next few years, but it is just too exciting.

will upload a pic for just to confirm it all when i drive past there again.

Cheers guys, and have faith in fibre.

Grandmaster

Fibre being laid all over in Cape Town suburbs too. All very promising.

Had the same but I'm still sceptical. Considering the cost of fibre getting it to your house is still going to be an expensive process.

Neotel dug up half of joburg and I haven't noticed any fibre in my house yet...

Don't get too excited dude, most probably you won't see anything come off it at all. DFA dug up my town and installed fibre everywhere about 2 years ago. Still not seeing any kind of benefit from it.

I had DFA fibre running through my entire suburb and... nothing. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    Don't get too excited dude, most probably you won't see anything come off it at all. DFA dug up my town and installed fibre everywhere about 2 years ago. Still not seeing any kind of benefit from it.
    Debbie Downer

Grandmaster

DFA is not a Service provider...well not to the public anyway.

DFA running fiber ring in George from Industria to Blanco
    Also DFA installing fiber in Mossel Bay area