Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Incoming calls

Default Incoming calls

Hello,

Let me start by saying I hope this is the right forum - please don't flame me if it is not. I looking to have a prepaid phone contract from Vodacom and wanted to ask something on the voice services since the data seems pretty straight forward. Are incoming calls still free?(aka dont count towards your prepaid balance, but are charged to the caller) Is this the case for all prepaid plans at Vodacom or only some (aka do I need to be wary if I sign up to make sure i get this option). I tried the web site and i guess my question is too simple since the answer is no where obvious, but living out of country it seems a logical question.

thanks

Dervissh

Quote Originally Posted by dervissh View Post
    Hello,

Let me start by saying I hope this is the right forum - please don't flame me if it is not. I looking to have a prepaid phone contract from Vodacom and wanted to ask something on the voice services since the data seems pretty straight forward. Are incoming calls still free?(aka dont count towards your prepaid balance, but are charged to the caller) Is this the case for all prepaid plans at Vodacom or only some (aka do I need to be wary if I sign up to make sure i get this option). I tried the web site and i guess my question is too simple since the answer is no where obvious, but living out of country it seems a logical question.

thanks

Dervissh
    hehe...what a adorable post.

Answer to your question is yes...it is free here to receive a call, be it from a national or international number...you will not be charged.

If you are coming here I hope you have a great time in our sunny Republic.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    hehe...what a adorable post.

Answer to your question is yes...it is free here to receive a call, be it from a national or international number...you will not be charged.

If you are coming here I hope you have a great time in our sunny Republic.
    Unless you are roaming. In which case they will extract your wallet via your *******

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Unless you are roaming. In which case they will extract your wallet via your *******
    lol. Yip...but he was pretty specific about it being on Vodacom prepaid :-)
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

also, receiving sms/text is also free. you only pay to send.

reminde me of the days of the incomer voucher,R275 just to recieve calls, with very limited coverage