Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The most popular DStv Mobile channels are...

Default The most popular DStv Mobile channels are...

The most popular DStv Mobile channels are...

DStv Mobile says the take-up of their products have been satisfactory; planning products which will “impress our customers”

Please be so kind as to ask DSTV why the F*** they would bring it out but not offer full screen view. How insecure must you be of your own service as to not offer full screen view? So you want me to plug it into my laptop and watch it on a 10cm x 10cm box. WTF!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by LancelotSA View Post
    Rendier is my hero...

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    Please be so kind as to ask DSTV why the F*** they would bring it out but not offer full screen view. How insecure must you be of your own service as to not offer full screen view? So you want me to plug it into my laptop and watch it on a 10cm x 10cm box. WTF!?!?
    Cost and scale... If they were to offer "full screen" services the cost would be similar to a DSTV premium package and that was not the purpose of this product. Use of the DVB-H standard is to specifically target small, mobile handheld devices and is not intended for fixed, "full screen" usage.
    ELO: Here is the news...

I could never understand who would use it. It should chow cellphone battery so why do people take it to the cricket.
    If you are at home where you can charge it you might as well watch DSTV on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by skimread View Post
    I could never understand who would use it. It should chow cellphone battery so why do people take it to the cricket.
    If you are at home where you can charge it you might as well watch DSTV on the big screen.
    I use mine at the office to watch sport. Battery time on the Drifta is around 4 hours but I connect mine via USB to my notebook. I have one of the original units with the patched software that allows you to stretch the screen...

Effectively it is free as I'm a DSTV premium subscriber (only cost to me was the handset).

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    Effectively it is free as I'm a DSTV premium subscriber (only cost to me was the handset).
    Ah didn't know that. Do you need a seperate DSTV cell sim for that or is it just username and password.

My parents have dstv (not the HD sub) so there might be a way for me to watch live sport as well and not pay.

Ah didn't know that. Do you need a seperate DSTV cell sim for that or is it just username and password.

My parents have dstv (not the HD sub) so there might be a way for me to watch live sport as well snd not pay.
    All you need is to buy the unit. I prefer the original Drifta as it can receive and transmit a signal, whereas the USB stick type unit can only receive a signal. Saw them on special for R539 somewhere...

Once purchased you activate by phoning Multichoice with the account holders ID number or DSTV account number. Within a few minutes you are on air.

EDIT: Special at House and Home (OK)...
    Last edited by MickeyD; 25-02-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    All you need is to buy the unit. I prefer the original Drifta as it can receive and transmit a signal, whereas the USB stick type unit can only receive a signal. Saw them on special for R539 somewhere...

Once purchased you activate by phoning Multichoice with the account holders ID number or DSTV account number. Within a few minutes you are on air.

EDIT: Special at House and Home (OK)...
    Thanks.

if I link to my PC screen will the quality be about youtube 360p or 240p?

Thanks.

if I link to my PC screen will the quality be about youtube 360p or 240p?
    Correct. As you stretch the box it pixelates.

Word of warning: check coverage area on the DSTV Mobile website before buying the unit! http://www.dstvmobile.com/dstvmobile...s-coverage-map

in windows 7 jusr use the magnify function. works great

Office? Hotel Room? Mates place to keep in touch with score?

These things have many uses (all of them sports related imo), quite an excellent offering if you're a sport junkie. I would like to know what channels are watched the most on Normal DSTV. I almost only watch sport on the thing.

Please I beg of you on my knees give me back Trace Urban and take away O Music. I want to listen to great music not worthless unknown and probably mostly unsigned junk.

I remember coverage being an issue with the original trials in 2007. When will the base stations be going in?

Grandmaster

The fact that sports is their favorite channels, makes things worse for their CPA act court case!

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkCentre View Post
    The fact that sports is their favorite channels, makes things worse for their CPA act court case!
    Please give more details of this court case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast