Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Rogue advice

Default Rogue advice

I'm rolling a horde rogue and would like to know what race is best suited for pve? What spec is the fastest levelling build for pve? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

So many people reading but no reply. Guess no rogue experts

Super Grandmaster

My rogue is still lvl 80, left him there after 3yrs of being my only char when cata hit.

Combat will always be the fastest pve leveling spec. Mutilation will be your end game pve spec as well as a solid pvp spec.

I wouldn't worry too much about racial attributes, but if I were to choose I'd either go undead or goblin, probably goblin though because they're helluva cool and have 1 free snear release.

http://www.wowhead.com/forums?board=5

The Wowhead forum is your friend.

As the voicy said
    Combat for leveling, then whatever is highest dps spec for your class based on ElitestJerks data.

As for race, undead gets Will of the forsaken for anti fear. Very situational.
    For raw dps, going orc will be your best bet, you get axe specialization or 5% more dmg or something (can't remember the exact number, been a while) as well as Blood Fury for higher attack power (basically a mini trink to time with other trinkets to pop high end dmg MMORPG).
    Seeing as combat spec, can use axes etc, you'll be double dipping on racial bonusses. Compared to other races.
    The goblin haste isn't really viable, since you'll be keeping your haste buff up from being on the boss anyway. (slice and dice? cant remember the haste skill, my rogue made it to lvl 1 as a bank alt xD)

Aesthetically I'd always go Undead... Undead >>>>
    For the Forsaken!!
    /dance
    Last edited by WraithFiend; 10-10-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    [SSG]WraithFiend

Haste does scale pretty well as a secondary stat after mastery for assassination rogues. I remember on that final deathwing fight, my dps as assassination sky rocketed past most combat rogues.
    Few people can see the genius in someone who has offended them.
    - Robertson Davies

Unfortunately you don't really get dual-wielding axes/sword anymore, everything has really been converted to Slow MH/Fast Dagger.

I'd go with either Orc or Troll for PvE bonuses, not really a fan of goblins and my rogue is a Belf for various reasons.

Troll
    Trolls are one of the strongest races for the horde with Berserking, which provides 20% attack speed and energy regen (haste) every 3 minutes. Trolls also have reduced snare/root duration from Da Voodoo Shuffle which could help if a boss had these mechanics. For bosses classified as beasts, such as Beth'tilac and Chimaeron, Trolls are the clear dominate race for DPS because of Beast Slaying.
    Orc
    Orcs, are also a strong Horde race for Combat rogues if you are using an Axe or Fist because of Axe Specialization which will only apply to your MH (108.10 EP). Orc additionally have Blood Fury, a relatively strong DPS cooldown providing 1170 AP (at 85) every 2 minutes which can be used in conjunction with KS or AR. Unfortunately, the other racials that are relatively strong for other classes are completely useless for Combat rogues.
    At this stage of the game, spec, doesn't really matter that much for levelling, but back in the TBC times I did use Combat, but I think both Assassination and Subtlety have become more versatile now and depends more on what weapons/playstyle you prefer.

Started levelling another rogue some time ago as sub and got it to 75 before taking a break levelling.

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuva View Post
    Haste does scale pretty well as a secondary stat after mastery for assassination rogues. I remember on that final deathwing fight, my dps as assassination sky rocketed past most combat rogues.
    They must've been doing it wrong. :P

Quote Originally Posted by VindicatoR

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/

They must've been doing it wrong. :P
    Nope they doing it right. You go for mastery primary, however the haste bonus on Deathwing is insane for an assassination rogue. I am just talking out of experience with the gear I had, which is far before anything heroic.
    Few people can see the genius in someone who has offended them.
    - Robertson Davies

Hi

It really doesn't matter which race you pick, they all level at the same pace, but if you haven't got a Goblin yet, roll one

New quests are awesome fun and goblin's sneak/stealth move is awesome! Small characters are also more fun
    Cultivate Kindness

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuva View Post
    Nope they doing it right. You go for mastery primary, however the haste bonus on Deathwing is insane for an assassination rogue. I am just talking out of experience with the gear I had, which is far before anything heroic.
    True, but I was actually referring to the combat rogues losing out to assassination rogues.
    Haste for combat rogues is equivalent to mastery for assassination rogues. It's pretty even still on the same gear level, especially on a fight like Madness, but the cleaving at the end is a lot more beneficial for combat rogues.

Also just talking from personal experience.

Spine of Deathwing Heroic is no joke, started trying out a Sub Burst spec for Tendons as Combat is just plain shyt there as you can't really use Killing Spree.

Lol, just noticed with the link it looks weird, was mainly just posting it for Mystique to read with zero reference to what I quoted.