Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: @Lantic Modem howto remove firmware?

Default @Lantic Modem howto remove firmware?

Got myself a @Lantic E220 modem however I don't want to use their dashboard what flash software if any is available to flash this modem?
    Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Model number? Pics maybe?
    I am 13531

"Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

@Madman88

Thanks forgot those detail
    Huawei Model E220

Last edited by ahf; 25-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Blog Entries

You should just be able to download the latest drivers from their site and update the software in the stick.
    I am 13531

@sajunky....will give a try now, thanks!

OK. Check also if your modem connects 7.2Mbps or 3.6Mbps. If later, you have early device and firmware upgrade will bring it to 7.2.

Connects at 7.2Mbps and I downloaded the file as quoted by sajunky however that was MobilePartner and I was hoping for some sort of flash software because each time it wants to install @lantic's internet.

@Madman88 went the @Lantic site for the drivers and guess what I was redirected to Vodacom's website
    Anyway this is what I found on VC website:

File : VMCLite_E220_3_2_1_156_standard.zip
    Size: 17.44 MB
    Type: Huawei E220 Firmware
    Description Upgrade to latest firmware version.
    Release Date Prior to January 2010

Search MyBB, there was lot tips which firmware to chose. Not sure what you want, firmware dashboard or both. Firmware means software running inside modem. Dashboard is a software uploaded to your PC from CD ROM device if autostart is enabled. Both are flashable to the modem.

You can get the huawei drivers/firmware from their site.

Remember to remove the sim before flashing the firmware.

flashing is best done on an XP machine with this modem.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Can see it in my mind's eye:Chilligirl's Compoota Factorie - Alle Compoota's Repaired Or Fixxited at Bargain Prices Notte to be Sneezed atte

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ahf View Post
    @Madman88 went the @Lantic site for the drivers and guess what I was redirected to Vodacom's website
    Anyway this is what I found on VC website:

File : VMCLite_E220_3_2_1_156_standard.zip
    Size: 17.44 MB
    Type: Huawei E220 Firmware
    Description Upgrade to latest firmware version.
    Release Date Prior to January 2010
    What you are wanting is the dashboard software. Dont upgrade the firmware unless you have an old version of it. Since you are getting 7.2 I assume you have the latest one.

Create an account here and have a look for the generic software.
    I would have a look, but I forgot my details. I have registered another account, but they are not fast...
    I am 13531

Look here: http://www.dc-files.com/files/huawei/modems/E220/

Dashboard is a PC installed copy of Mobile Partner - No upgrade to the device itself.
    Dashboard Update will put unbranded Mobile Partner onto the device.
    Firmware Update will upgrade the firmware.

This will leave the device unbranded with Windows drivers up to and including Windows 7.

Before flashing:

1. Ensure existing software on modem has been installed on to the PC.
    2. That any dashboard software is closed down before flashing.
    3. Use a PC with a UPS or a laptop in case Eskom try to destroy your modem!
    4. You will usually be prompted to uninstall software once the dashboard has been upgraded.
    5. If you get any problems at this point - Remove modem, reboot PC and try again!!

The latest firmware for the E220 seems to have a small bug with USSD commands but it seems to be on Vodacom only! It works but occasionally gives a scrambled response on screen!
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

@JimM...thanks all sorted out and also big thanks to all others that assisted!

Quote Originally Posted by JimM View Post
    The latest firmware for the E220 seems to have a small bug with USSD commands but it seems to be on Vodacom only! It works but occasionally gives a scrambled response on screen!
    Is that the 11.313.02.00.01 firmware from Netcom? I think the bug is with any USSD response that requires further action from the user, i.e. a menu.

I've stuck with the 11.117.10.02.00 firmware for E220s, it is not hard to find.