Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: My New ZTE MF688A is saying its a MF626i , some thing does not feel right ?

  1. #1

    Default My New ZTE MF688A is saying its a MF626i , some thing does not feel right ?

    Ive just purchased a ZTE MF668A USB modem










    I all so have a Vodafone K4505 modem


    when I use my Vodafone K4505 , I get decent download speeds


    when I use my new ZTE MF668A modem I get poor download speeds , using the same internet connection


    So I checked my new ZTE MF688A details , shown here ....




    and it shows the unit as being a MF626i


    I can't find too much on a MF626i , I am wondering why the new ZTE MF668A is showing up on its Connection manager as a MF626i , and why am I getting poor download results using my new ZTE MF668A , compared to my old Vodafone K4505 .

    Some thing does not seem right , what do you think

  2. #2
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Infinity and Beyond
    Posts
    5,129

    Default

    Where exactly did you buy the new ZTE?

    Edit:

    Oh I see, your from Thailand?
    Aan Wat Dink Jy Nie?
    50% off first month @ Afrihost

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McGuywer View Post
    Where exactly did you buy the new ZTE?

    Edit:

    Oh I see, your from Thailand?


    Hi , I purchased it from a Thai on line web site , its strange to have a different model number on the details shown on the connections manager , here's the box details ..





    the box was not sealed when I received it .

  4. #4
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Infinity and Beyond
    Posts
    5,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rolexboy View Post
    Hi , I purchased it from a Thai on line web site , its strange to have a different model number on the details shown on the connections manager , here's the box details ..





    the box was not sealed when I received it .
    Return it... Or contact the store...
    Aan Wat Dink Jy Nie?
    50% off first month @ Afrihost

  5. #5
    Super Grandmaster ginggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Good-w00t! Cape Town
    Posts
    8,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rolexboy View Post
    the box was not sealed when I received it .
    Does the IMEI on the box match the device's IMEI?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Does the IMEI on the box match the device's IMEI?
    Hi

    yes the IMEI is the same on the packing box and on the units slid off cover


    Not too sure if its ok to show the full IMEI number ?









    I'm confused

  7. #7
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Infinity and Beyond
    Posts
    5,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rolexboy View Post
    Hi

    yes the IMEI is the same on the packing box and on the units slid off cover


    Not too sure if its ok to show the full IMEI number ?









    I'm confused
    No need to be confused. The box was open when you received it, I would have sent it back.
    Aan Wat Dink Jy Nie?
    50% off first month @ Afrihost

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McGuywer View Post
    No need to be confused. The box was open when you received it, I would have sent it back.
    Before I try and send it back , I would like to find out a bit more about it showing as a MF626i , the packaging it came is looks ok ( ok no seal ) the information shown on the back of the packaging looks ok , the information shown inside the units sliding top , looks ok, it would be nice to have a bit more info , before contacting the suppliers , the other thing is , ive just found a photo of a MF626i unit ...


    A MF626i



    and it does not look like my MF668A


    I have just tried my MF668A in another computer with a different version of connection manager , and that all so shows the MF668A as a ... MF626i


    The plot thickens , where's Holmes when you need him

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •