Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT BUY A DSTV DRIFTA FROM GAME

Default DO NOT BUY A DSTV DRIFTA FROM GAME

Yesterday i went to buy me a wifi drifta for 599 from game ...so i went to tygervalley game and bought me one. So i got home and call dtsv to activate and they cannot do it over the phone and i get mad at poor dstv guy for nothing. So he says go to multichoice in Goodwood. So i get there and ask the consultant to set it up. He then says i cant cause it has been registered on someone elses name and they need the previous owner to cancel it. OK fine take it back to game, at n1 city and tell them its 2nd hand and get a new one.

The manager at N1 city was rude and did not believe me and says oh i told him i purchased the 1st one there and whole lot of krap

so yeah managed to get a new one ...and asked the saleslady twenty times ..if its not 2nd hand ...she assured me it was not. So get a new one and just pop in to multichoice for a check and guess what the 2nd one also 2nd hand and belongs to someone else. So i went back and swore the manager and all they say is sorry.

i drove miles only to get a 2nd hand product twice

My next step is a nice email to game customer services and hellopeter

So guys bear in mind when buying a drifta..i eventually just bought it at multichoice and yet the screen is small it works well
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
    We're on the internet to troll not to make bonds.

another reason I wont buy anything from these jokers

Grandmaster

wtf?? how can it be second hand? R599 is the price for a brand new Drifta.

Super Grandmaster

Yep I wouldn't stand for this either, sounds as if they are possibly selling repaired goods as new or exchanged goods as new -Not acceptable. DSTV should be able to contact the previous owner to check out what the story is.

New is unopened and unused - unacceptable!
    ALL POSTS ARE IN MY PERSONAL OPINION
    "Pray for Our President Zuma and his party, Julius Malema, and Zimbabwean Robert Mugabe... Psalm 109:8".

I will only return to Game if and only they have something really cheap or that I can't get anyway else. Tried getting an LCD from them last Sunday, Fourways branch, they couldn't get me a TV licence, seemed disinterested in my purchase, went over to Digital Experience at Fourways Crossing, treated like a customer, the guy hooked me up a TV licence, easy, I guess Game have no internet connection.

GAME is only good for price beats.... any other reason - stay away!

THE CAPS WERE UNLEASHED!!!! FEEL THE FURY!!

I like Game - the customer service has much to be desired but their prices and range are pretty good.
    This doesn't sound right, and I'm pretty sure that some rational conversation with Massmart head office will get this issue sorted out for you

Same thing happened to me at Hi Fi Corp in Johannesburg (The Glen Branch).
    Was sold a "brand new drifta" that was already registered to someone else. Could not get it activated.

Went back to Hi Fi Corp and demanded a new one and the second one was indeed "brand new".

Quote Originally Posted by Funjunkie View Post
    Same thing happened to me at Hi Fi Corp in Johannesburg (The Glen Branch).
    Was sold a "brand new drifta" that was already registered to someone else. Could not get it activated.

Went back to Hi Fi Corp and demanded a new one and the second one was indeed "brand new".
    yeah lots of people take advanatge of the 7 day money back guarantee thing ...but game should ensure that ok we need to clear it before we sell

i mean both were registered to a new owner

i have emailed them via they site as there is only a feedback form

will wait for contact

Blog Entries

HelloPeter and shame the shyte out of them! Unbelievable!!!!

Are you sure it is Game's problem and not DSTV's problem?

It has been years since I bought anything from Game. I do not like their after sales service and the impression I get walking in their stores is "cheap and nasty". That's strictly my opinion, though. I am happy to shop elsewhere where I am certain after sales service is guaranteed by reputation.
    Report rape and sexual abuse. Don't tolerate crime, report it!
    You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.
    Santa Shoebox Project

Wugger

The last time I went to game I wanted some help with the different GPS devices. All the staff were huddled together, talking and laughing. When I finally decided the me walking around with the "I need some help" expression was not gona be enough for these clowns, I walked over and tried to get their attention.

Eventually it dawned on them that the customer might be in need of help, so one detached himself from the conversation and asked me if I need help. I told him yes and walked over to the GPS station. He could not answer a single question I had, and kept looking at the "features" list on the price tag to tell me what the GPS can do

Had the same kind of experience about 3 times now in 3 different Game stores.

Quote Originally Posted by ebendl View Post
    Are you sure it is Game's problem and not DSTV's problem?
    thats between game and dstv ...i have no idea where game gets they stock from or anything ...

I bought my Drifta from Incredible connection. It had a faulty power button and I returned it after a few days when it would not switch on at all. They gave me a replacement no questions asked. I later got a call from Multichoice asking if I would relinquish ownership of my old Drifta because somebody else had tried to activate it and my name popped up. It would appear that it is common for our stores to accept faulty items as returns, repair them themselves and then re-sell them as new models.
    Only the ANC will try to deny that e-tolls cost them a ton of votes in Gauteng...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast