Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nokia's 41MP camera-equipped smartphone revealed

Default Nokia's 41MP camera-equipped smartphone revealed

Nokia unveils 41MP camera-equipped smartphone

Nokia has unveiled a media-focused smartphone - with a 41 megapixel camera sensor - at MWC

Leenk??

Blog Entries

Sounds pretty cool, though it doesn't sound like a phone, and no "phony" details were mentioned. What OS does it run, hardware specs, dimensions, etc?

I think 41MP is overkill. Imagine how much storage space you'll need? A 41MP image is probably well over 200MB in size.

the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one - Spock
    Diablo 3 profile http://goo.gl/4F14TO

Quote Originally Posted by Saajid View Post
    Sounds pretty cool, though it doesn't sound like a phone, and no "phony" details were mentioned. What OS does it run, hardware specs, dimensions, etc?

I think 41MP is overkill. Imagine how much storage space you'll need? A 41MP image is probably well over 200MB in size.
    It runs Symbian Belle, although the tech will likely be coming to Windows Phone 7.

And while the sensor is 41MP, it uses resampling, so it produces images of 5MP, albeit with ridiculously high clarity

In the hands of a noob instead of a proffesional photographer...these kind of cameras are extreamely dangerous. Highly unflattering...it highlights every damn open pore on your skin daaaaling! Anyone point a high end camera my way and I run like the wind baby.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

41mp should be around 20 - 30mb per pic
    my 12.2MP camera takes 5mb pics
    Gebore om te kuier, gedwing om te werk!

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    In the hands of a noob instead of a proffesional photographer...these kind of cameras are extreamely dangerous. Highly unflattering...it highlights every damn open pore on your skin daaaaling! Anyone point a high end camera my way and I run like the wind baby.
    Lol agreed.

Grandmaster

But why?

My theory is, if you want to take good quality pics, get a camera. The phone cameras as far as I'm concerned is for the quick pics when you don't have your camera handy.
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting “f#ck, what a ride!"

They could have made it look better. Don't like the look, but atleast it doesn't look like the N9/Lumia... we need better looking phones Nokia, N8 hint hint?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frikkenator View Post
    But why?
    Lossless digital zoom. Read the link someone posted above, pretty good explanation. Optical zoom is too bulky and awkward to add to a phone, so this is the answer.

Look forward to full reviews of this device, just out of interest. Great to see Nokia starting to innovate again, even it is still on Symbian devices.

That's a higher pixel count than any current top range DSLR.

"On sale in May, for 450 Euros—which is around $600."

And for that low price. This I have to see to believe.

Blog Entries

Ok after looking at the sample Photo's I must say this thing has one hell of a nice camera, pity of the OS. Symbian alone is a reason I will not buy it.

Interesting but useless info, On the MWC keynote they said that the team that took the pictures, came to SA specifically for the sample photo's. Now that is one thing we can be proud of

If you want to see some of the untouched photo's you can check this link. Warning its 41 meg for only 3 pictures.
    Last edited by Elimentals; 27-02-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Elimentals View Post
    On the MWC keynote they said that the team that took the pictures, came to SA specifically for the sample photo's. Now that is one thing we can be proud of
    SA is **** for broadband, great for photos.

For years I've read speculation about what would happen if someone built a sensor with a pixel count way beyond diffraction limits, creating final images by downsampling. No Bayer interpolation artifacts or need for antialias filters etc. I'd never have guessed Nokia to be the one to give us an answer.

Calling this device revolutionary is an understatement. Speechless!

Edit: Nokia 808 PureView – revolutionary camera technology; great smartphone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast