Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nokia's 41MP camera-equipped smartphone revealed

I heard on this site from Droid fans that Nokia is dead. Now I guess it must be in haven next Jesus to produce such aa ground breaking technology. Talking about Nokia do you know they released a new Symbian OS called Belle for all s^3 device?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Tshenu View Post
    I heard on this site from Droid fans that Nokia is dead. Now I guess it must be in haven next Jesus to produce such aa ground breaking technology. Talking about Nokia do you know they released a new Symbian OS called Belle for all s^3 device?
    They were well on their way to the grave, but I reckon they're going to make a comeback.

They need to ditch Symbian completely though... And soon!
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting f#ck, what a ride!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tshenu View Post
    A decent camera alone does not automatically mean it will sell, look at Kodak that holds most of the photographic patents and even makes all the photo optics for NASA. This is not that anyone wants them to fail, I think its a long way to go before that, and looking at the Windows Phone partnership I recon Microsoft will push a lot of money to make sure it doesn't.

Its just that the moment when they stand on their feet, so to speak or when Windows Phone starts taking off that they will have to watch out for round 2 as there are many OEM's that also sell Windows Phones and if they place all their eggs in one basket they might have a longer fight for survival than most would think.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Frikkenator View Post
    They were well on their way to the grave, but I reckon they're going to make a comeback.

Nokia (Symbian) Belle OS has turned into something rock-solid and offers all the features found in competing OSes - along with some which aren't. Try it before you knock it.

The reason they chose Nokia (Symbian) Belle OS on the 808 is simple: The Broadcom SoC's used by Nokia's Belle OS handsets are capable of handling very high resolution image sensors, whereas the Qualcomm SoC's used by Windows Phone 7 handsets aren't yet.

Damian Dinning explains Nokia PureView technology

All I can say is that my CFW Belle N8 (silver) in a transparent cover, looks beautiful, does everything I need, AND fell in the toilet, was rinsed off under a tap, thrown around in a towel to dislodge any pockets of water, and is still working 100%!!!
    ZTE Nubia Z5s Mini - CM11
    Q9400 @3.6 | 6GB Dominator | MIIF | GTX670 @1150/1700 | 120GB Vertex3 | LA32D550 | HX520

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dudewotevr View Post
    All I can say is that my CFW Belle N8 (silver) in a transparent cover, looks beautiful, does everything I need, AND fell in the toilet, was rinsed off under a tap, thrown around in a towel to dislodge any pockets of water, and is still working 100%!!!
    You can do the same with a Motorola RAZR, DEFY, Sharp AQUOS, and many other phones and this without a cover. So whats your point?

This is a thread about Nokia's new camera phone. More to the point the only reason why its on Symbian is because of the limitations Microsoft place on Windows Phones. Trust me if they could have used this on WP you would not have seen it with Symbian, ever.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Elimentals View Post
    You can do the same with a Motorola RAZR, DEFY, Sharp AQUOS, and many other phones and this without a cover. So whats your point?

This is a thread about Nokia's new camera phone. More to the point the only reason why its on Symbian is because of the limitations Microsoft place on Windows Phones. Trust me if they could have used this on WP you would not have seen it with Symbian, ever.
    Sorry bro, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers you li'l rascal! :P
    ZTE Nubia Z5s Mini - CM11
    Q9400 @3.6 | 6GB Dominator | MIIF | GTX670 @1150/1700 | 120GB Vertex3 | LA32D550 | HX520

Are you always this stupid or today you're just making a special effort? Ditch symbian, have you ever used symbian Belle at all?

Overkill.
    McLAREN MERCEDES
    Twitter Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaudio View Post
    Overkill.
    Why, I would say it's brilliant, if it continued the quality set by the N8 then this would just be the best tool in your pocket for those unexpected on the moment incidents or pictures. Just imagine the possible macro's.

But why?

My theory is, if you want to take good quality pics, get a camera. The phone cameras as far as I'm concerned is for the quick pics when you don't have your camera handy.
    Exactly! That is probably 95% of the time when the best impromptu picture or incident can be captured or recorded. How many times in my life did I regret the fact that my camera was not with me.

Master

Not overkill at all. 41MP = "optical zoom + 5MP Camera".
    It's really brilliant...

Kudos to Nokia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12