Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quad-core Huawei tablet to hit SA in Q1 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Synaesthesia View Post
    The iPad 3 will match or better those specs. I wouldn't worry about iPad - it's outsold the Android tablets 5 to 1, and still has the upper hand in terms of apps optimized for tablets.
    But that's only because of good marketing - my Motorola Xoom beats an iPad 2 any day of the week, in all respects, even though is is an older design that should really compete with the original iPad.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. - Oscar Wilde

Beats it in what? Sure the screen is on par and the hardware is good, but the software is inferior IMO. I have friends with a Galaxy Tab, they are so jealous of my iPad, since they can't run Garageband or any of my cool new games.

The web browser doesn't scroll or zoom as nicely as my iPad, the overall interface is not as well designed as the iPad's either.

Well there's no point arguing here, these arguements never go anywhere. You may prefer Android and I iOS. We're probably not going to convince each other that the one or other is better.

The point is iPad 3 is definitely not going to be an also-ran. There is so much pent-up demand for it, everyone I speak to is waiting for iPad 3. If MS bring out Office for iPad too, Android will struggle to compete.

IMO the software is better, my Xoom is running standard OEM supplied ICS (Android 4), which beats the iOS5 on my iPod Touch 32GB 4th Gen any day. (BTW, I bought the iPod to replace my 2003 HP PDA (h2210), but it has failed, I am still using the HP PDA, it is just way better than the iPod - software and hardware).

As for Apps, I have no desire for any more Apps, can't even think of anything that I could use that is not available - that argument is a red herring.

I want to write Android Apps for a living, but I have given up on that idea, because I just can't think of anything that is not already out there.

Anyway, as you say, no good pursuing that argument, it is like comparing religions.

But this Huawei seems very impressive, my main concern is battery life, because everything else is market-leading at the moment.

If I think about it, I have more Huawei devices around the house than any other equipment, and they all work well, so I may just give this tablet a try, barring any late negative reviews/concerns.
    Last edited by Jola; 28-02-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Synaesthesia, Android is catching up very quickly ito tablet software quality and numbers. Just look at how impressive the market starts to look now. When I started with Android I hated the market and stated here very strongly that it was far inferior to Apple's AppStore. Not the case any more. The quality is getting better quickly and one sees more and more apps getting to Android quicker. At the current pace Android will be hard to beat towards the end of the year when ICS is in full swing (Jelly Bean might even be in full swing by then). As Android improves I find iOS to be more and more restrictive with the quality benefits not making the limitations worth it any more. I say this as the owner of systems on both ecosystems.
    What you do is your history. What you set in motion is your legacy. - Leonard Sweet

Some interesting opinions, can't say I agree with them but don't wanna argue further. It's not the place and will take far too long ...

This does look like a very nice tablet, technology marches on at a dizzying pace! 5, 10 years from now, I can't even imagine what the tech world will look like.

... technology marches on at a dizzying pace! 5, 10 years from now, I can't even imagine what the tech world will look like.
    Yep. Wonder what we will argue about here two years from now and what our kids will argue about here 10 years from now. Which high tech contact lenses have the best apps?
    What you do is your history. What you set in motion is your legacy. - Leonard Sweet

... when you close your eyes a menu pops up on your contact lenses that ask if you want to go into sleep mode, want to watch a movie, listen to music or surf the virtual 3D web. Pirate Bay will add "download some cool stuff" to the menu.

Grandmaster

waiting to see what Windows8 is like on tablets.
    Got a Dell Lattitude ST Windows7 tablet i want to try the Win8 consumer preview on tomorrow.
    Win7 works well on it, full compatibility with corp network, as it has Win7 Pro on... but Win7 not exactly a tablet OS... Win8 should be better.
    Good to see more tablets coming out... can only be good for consumers
    At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box

Some interesting opinions, can't say I agree with them but don't wanna argue further. It's not the place and will take far too long ...

This does look like a very nice tablet, technology marches on at a dizzying pace! 5, 10 years from now, I can't even imagine what the tech world will look like.
    Yep, the arguments don't go anywhere ...

Now who sells Huawei here in SA ? I would just love to write a review of this little baby !

Blog Entries

Awesome. Looking forward to this device. I might just go for it. Makes the recently announced Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 look like a child's toy. These are the specs that the Tab 2 should have had. Not last years hardware.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Niren_M View Post
    Looks very much like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. But, offcourse, technology offerings from Chinese companies tend to borrow innovation from others.
    Samsung is Korean though.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Groovy looking device....

For the comparisons with the iPad2 - it's not a fair comparison, with the speed of technology, particularly in the tablet market, the iPad 2 is old....almost one year old.

Wait until March 7 for Apple to announce their new iPad 3 and you will see the competitors having to play catchup yet again
    Last edited by surfs-up; 28-02-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    This one won't be at that price, it's at the cutting edge of technology, presently beating anything out there.
    Don't discount the power of the iSheep who will buy iTurds as long as it is made by apple. Really, who cares about specs in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by HapticSimian View Post
    If you were a superhero your super power would be missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
    Don't discount the power of the iSheep who will buy iTurds as long as it is made by apple. Really, who cares about specs in any way?
    Well, I can say that the specs are irrelevant but that I want it because it will be blindingly fast, have a really great screen, and be really thin and light.

See, no specs there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12