Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Thread: New, faster Apple iPad expected next week

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alf101 View Post
    Well my ipad can't.
    Can yours?
    you click on it and it plays in the browser

(or press or whatever) what version you on?
    I am 13531

"Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

Apple fanbois....points and laughs

(I want one)

IPads can't play youtube vids via Safari, you have to use the youtube app.
    Sure they can

Have you opted into the HTML5 trial? Http://www.youtube.com/html5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphiron View Post
    Higher resolutions screen is very nice, but. Why are they still making 4:3 screens when all the multimedia content out there is 16:9.
    Because it's not only a video player. the aspect ratio makes it more natural, imo, for reading books, working on documents, viewing/editing photos (which are generally not in 16:9), etc.
    Last edited by bwana; 29-02-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    Because it's not only a video player. the aspect ratio makes it more natural, imo, for reading books, working on documents, viewing/editing photos (which are generally not in 16:9), etc.
    I don't know about that ! A4 has a ratio of 1.41, and my newspapers fit perfectly on 16:9. Photos on SLR's are 1.5 aspect ratio. Books don't matter, because they fit to whatever you use (Kindle, etc).

IMHO Apple got it wrong, 16:9 is better for the general stuff too !!!

Just my opinion !
    Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    It's as if SANRAL is the little handle being used to start flushing SA's economy straight down the sewerage pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Bradbury View Post
    Maybe they will innovate the ability to Bluetooth a photo to other devices.
    Ipods cannot do that??! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SeRpEnT View Post
    Ipods cannot do that??! LOL.
    Apple have pretty much blocked all methods of file transfer, that is why the iPad does not have a USB port, microSD card slot, etc.

This is part of the whole Apple philosophy, so it is not going to change - but with SJ gone you never know - but not yet, this would have been designed while he was still alive.

Of course, it is this philosophy that makes Apple useless to me - I wouldn't buy an iPad 3 for R1000, what would I do with it ?
    It's as if SANRAL is the little handle being used to start flushing SA's economy straight down the sewerage pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    I don't know about that ! A4 has a ratio of 1.41, and my newspapers fit perfectly on 16:9. Photos on SLR's are 1.5 aspect ratio. Books don't matter, because they fit to whatever you use (Kindle, etc).

IMHO Apple got it wrong, 16:9 is better for the general stuff too !!!

Just my opinion !
    Have to disagree. I think the 4:3 works way better in portrait, 16:9 is too skinny. The iPad actually has a larger screen in area than the 10.1" diagonal tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaesthesia View Post
    Have to disagree. I think the 4:3 works way better in portrait, 16:9 is too skinny. The iPad actually has a larger screen in area than the 10.1" diagonal tablets.
    We will have to agree to disagree ! IMO the 16:9 screens work better for everything.

Not sure how you can disagree, I have just quoted you examples of stuff that doesn't work on 1.33 aspect ratio, like A4, newspapers, photos, videos. What more do you want ?

Key issue is when will these puppies appear on the SA shelves? I've been holding off on getting the 2 so need to get my hands on the 3 asap.

55+ million iPads sold since 2010 and Apple is wrong on screen aspect ratio?

How many 16:9 tables sold in compassion?

I have played with 16:9 tablet and it's uncomfortable, it's like reading on over-sized envelope. Never mind portrait postilion.

I want tablet not an envelope sized gadget!

16:9 and 4:3 are Hollywood invention.
    16:9 may be good for movies, but not good form factor for tablets. 4:3 is right and Apple nailed it while others don't.

Apple have pretty much blocked all methods of file transfer, that is why the iPad does not have a USB port, microSD card slot, etc.

This is part of the whole Apple philosophy, so it is not going to change - but with SJ gone you never know - but not yet, this would have been designed while he was still alive.

Of course, it is this philosophy that makes Apple useless to me - I wouldn't buy an iPad 3 for R1000, what would I do with it ?
    I'm hardly an apple fanboy but I think that's a ridiculous comment. Most people would take that kind of tablet for R1000 or even R2000. The file transfer thing is annoying but its hardly a showstopper... plenty of ways to move files on to the iPad.

What would you do with it ? I don't know hey... what wouldn't you do because most people I know can't tare them selves away from them
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

OK, maybe I will pay R2000 (max), but then I will still use it as a gift - couldn't use it myself.

The only 3 certainties in life are -death,taxes and iPads flying off the shelves

Well my ipad can't.
    Can yours?
    Mine can

We will have to agree to disagree ! IMO the 16:9 screens work better for everything.

Not sure how you can disagree, I have just quoted you examples of stuff that doesn't work on 1.33 aspect ratio, like A4, newspapers, photos, videos. What more do you want ?
    Just did a quick and nasty between the ipad and Galaxy Tab 10.1 for my most common aspect ratios and imo one isnt significantly better than the other - on the ipad you get vertical black bands, on the tab they're horizontal.

iPad

Tab (16:10)

So that's how I'd disagree.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast