Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 11 ready to roll

Default Firefox 11 ready to roll

Firefox 11 ready to roll

Mozilla keeps up relentless development pace.

Firefox lost me to Chrome last year and I honestly can't see myself considering Firefox again.

EDIT: ...but I'll probably download it and give it a test drive for a day or two anyway.

Firefox lost me when it released 5, it was all downhill from there. I've never looked back on Firefox after I went to Chrome. Are we so fickle? Or is it jump ship from the one with holes in it?

I have had so many re-occurring issues with Firefox over the last 2 months that I have now decided to go to Chrome fulltime.

Continuous crashes & issues with the sync service has just gone downhill from V4. I've had it.

Grandmaster

Same here. I used Firefox for years but gradually Chrome just got so much better. If anything better comes along, I'll jump ship again.

most developers i know still use Firefox. not just for firebug but various other reasons such as caching etc

Grandmaster

We don't want new feature... what would be nice though is if you could stop gobbling up my entire PC while just idling.

Also can't see myself going back to FF. Chrome is way too simple, clean and fast.
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting f#ck, what a ride!"

rofl week to go to CanSecWest.. FF gonna get ripped to aprt @ pwn2own...

chrome has been top for the last years all the other 3 got pwned : IE, FF and Safari

Google offering a million $$ in prize money.Basically Prizes will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis, until the entire $1 million has been claimed.
    Last edited by magneto; 29-02-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo ;)

I only use Firefox. Opera and Chrome use just as much memory on Linux and I'm not gonna wet my pants if I have to wait 25ms more.

Yip. Im a Firefox man myself, I preach Firefox to every beginner user i know. Poor them, they think the only browser that exists is IE. Hahaha. Im convinced Chrome is better but I'm just so used to Firefox. Actually Waterfox.... the 64bit version of Firefox. Been using it for 3 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by magneto View Post
    rofl week to go to CanSecWest.. FF gonna get ripped to aprt @ pwn2own...

chrome has been top for the last years all the other 3 got pwned : IE, FF and Safari

Google offering a million $$ in prize money.Basically Prizes will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis, until the entire $1 million has been claimed.
    What are you trying to say? Trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by cpu. View Post
    I only use Firefox. Opera and Chrome use just as much memory on Linux and I'm not gonna wet my pants if I have to wait 25ms more.
    Actually no, Opera uses by far the least amount of memory. Which is why the latest version still works on a Pentium 166 Laptop with Windows 98 only 64MB Ram in Total. It works well for browsing, but YouTube and Flash games are not an option.

Still, Opera lacks a lot of features that Firefox has.

If you have a really old PC and want to breath some life into it, Opera is the way to go. Otherwise FireFox is the way to go.

Firefox Chrome Opera Internet Explorer

EDIT: Oh wait... You said Linux. I thought you meant in general.
    Last edited by Totempole; 29-02-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

I love Chrome's syncing feature, it's just so easy! With Firefox I had this long number that I had to input somewhere, didn't even bother trying it out.
    Praise Zeus!

Made the switch to chrome a few years ago when i found out that once you click on the Chrome icon there was no epic wait like in the older builds of Firefox...have not been back since.

Use both Chrome and FF, FF still remains my favourite.

Oooh, gonna try Waterfox!

B

EDIT: Am like Waterfox so far!
    Last edited by Bismuth; 29-02-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Waterfox!

@Home:Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Proud Pentax K-30 Owner!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast