Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

View Poll Results: Please rate your Neotel NeoConnect and NeoFlex connection on speed, stability and rel

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Excellent (much better than expected)

1 7.14%
  • 4 Good (better than expected)

4 28.57%
  • 3 Fair (exactly as expected)

5 35.71%
  • 2 Bad (worse than expected)

0 0%
  • 1 Pathetic (much worse than expected)

4 28.57%

Thread: Neotel NeoConnect and NeoFlex Please rate your broadband connection

Default Neotel NeoConnect and NeoFlex Please rate your broadband connection

Hi there

Can you please rate your Neotel NeoConnect and NeoFlex connection on speed, stability and reliability? Do you get what you expected, or is your experience better or worse than what you expected?

It will be great if you can also tell us:

• In which area/s you use your connection?
    • What can Neotel do to make you a happier customer?

Please post your comments in this thread (by posting your views you will stand a chance to win an iPad 2).
    Last edited by rpm; 02-03-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    Hi there

Can you please rate your Neotel NeoConnect and NeoFlex connection on speed, stability and reliability? Do you get what you expected, or is your experience better or worse than what you expected?

It will be great if you can also tell us:

• In which area/s you use your connection?
    • What can iBurst do to make you a happier customer?

Please post your comments in this thread (by posting your views you will stand a chance to win an iPad 2).
    erm IBurst?

Thanks - fixed.

Fair (exactly as expected)

In Goodwood, using the 2GB Huawei Data Card. Trying to upgrade to the 5GB Neoconnect Home package as 2GB is not enough. Not that 5GB will be enough either.

Neotel created an expectation with regard to a Consumer Wimax product which should have been launced by now:
    16/05/2011: http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?opt...sumer-offering and aims to introduce a consumer broadband offering on WiMax towards the end of the year.
    24/08/2011: http://www.techcentral.co.za/neotel-...roducts/25469/ New WiMax products, catering for high-end users and small businesses, will be launched in the next two months, he adds.

I would really like to know what happened to this product as I am keen to sign up.

Using the NeoFlex Data device in Greenpoint, Cape Town. Super happy with stability, speed is interesting and I sometimes have insane speeds, much better than usual.
    @rph72 - I'm having a constant battle with Neotel about the promised data packages that never materialise. They keep promising that there will be something soon - they have become expensive comparatively for per GB data cost.

Good quality voice calls and stability of data. But data is very slow, around 4kbps using basic service and phone. Not acceptable for Internet browsing. No fast speed towers in the area.

What makes me happy? The is no Telkom landlines in the area. Cables stolen many times, Telkom gave up. Neotel is the only one giving landlines.

What's good: Connection is consistent throughout the day.
    What's bad: This is rare but the speed gets slow sometimes, have to wait half an hour for it to get back to normal.
    How to make me happier: Provide cheaper packages
    Area: Randburg

I used the Neotel Flex Modem and was pleasantly surprised. Had to give the modem back though...

NeoConnect Lite in Kwaggasrand - cannot upgrade to faster speed (no reception).
    Speed is slower than 384k or even Dial-Up. Connection completely stopped after a while that you have to re-connect from start.
    Trying to cancel my 24 month contract since November 2011. Their Customer service sucks!

NeoFlex in Lynnwood, Pretoria. NeoFlex 5Gig pm

In terms of speed and reliability i give Neotel a 8/10 simply because you hardly ever get those times where you cannot connect to the internet or download a file because something happened to some undersea cable... even though speeds do drop now and then its still 'managable' speeds.

In terms of customer service... Its a joke!

Another joke is that you cant even see how much data you've used! (This causes me to go over my cap substantively and im sure in terms of the new credit act that this is not allowed, hmmmm maybe i should lawyer them...) Even though last year sometime they sent an email saying they will implement a system that can show you how much data you've used... still nothing.

So Neotel can make me a happy customer by improving their customer service and by offering some sort of data usage monitor.... oh and uncapped wireless internet would really make me think twice before considering to move away from Neotel.

However until that day arrives ill be moving over to iBursts uncapped + service in the next month.

Hi,

Reliability is not bad, much better then when i got it at the start.
    i am in Lyttleton, centurion

juBa, you can now get a daily mail telling you your usage. At the start you could not see you data usage but that changed quite a while ago.

At this point they are pretty expensive and i dont want to sign another contract. They should give me more data for the current subscription or i am going to go ADSL or something.

i Am on the 10gb package. Data only. think neoflex.

My previous residence did not have good signal... there it was pathetic.
    Last edited by TheWall; 07-03-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Default Better than expected.

NeoGo 1.5G EX
    Service was very stable with good throughput.
    Call Centre service poor
    Stopped when better offers were available from Cell C

In which area/s you use your connection?
    Bellville & Cape Town (2009-2010)
    What can Neotel do to make you a happier customer?
    Bring out competitive pre-paid/uncapped products/devices that can be connected to wi-fi routers