Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

View Poll Results: Please rate your Telkom ADSL 1Mbps connection on speed, stability and reliability

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Excellent (much better than expected)

37 17.05%
  • 4 Good (better than expected)

80 36.87%
  • 3 Fair (exactly as expected)

68 31.34%
  • 2 Bad (worse than expected)

17 7.83%
  • 1 Pathetic (much worse than expected)

15 6.91%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Thread: Telkom ADSL 1Mbps Please rate your connection

Years ago when I first had it installed I had no end of problems. Now it is more stable than ever. I would like Telkom to carry on increasing my line capacity

Grandmaster

reasonably happy, the only things that need to improve is price and better speeds

Super Grandmaster

I get full line speed 24/7 on their uncapped product - would like it to stay that way.

My only reason for giving them a 4 is because of the constant LCP down messages that require a router restart.

Grandmaster

I get avg of 110 kb/s, so happy with that on a 1Mbps line, would be nice if they either drop the price or up the speed though.

• What can Telkom do to improve the service and make you a happier customer?

Unbundle the POTS service costs!!!!
    ELO: Here is the news...

The line is not bad in terms of speed, what is expected from the line i suppose.

How can telkom improve?

- Better service repair times when the line does go down.
    - Naked ADSL so i dont waste cash on the voice portion.
    - Better upload rates
    - I also feel that 1mb should be the lowest option of broadband out there at the price the current 384k is at. Its really not unrealistic looking at over seas pricing.

Speed
    Value for money
    Reliability

it's no good for large downloads that might take more than 12 hours as you are almost guaranteed a connection drop and if the server does not support resuming you need to restart (could be related to the free modem that was bundled in the deal).
    1mbps is the minimum speed I consider broadband.
    I still prefer using my 6mbps mobile solution for watching youtube as I almost always have to wait for video to buffer.
    All and all this would be a great solution for my retired folks to get to know the internet a little better but not for +-R800/month.
    Last edited by Katies20; 02-03-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: off topic information

Quite unhappy with the quality of my 1mb line. Managed to improve things slightly with changing POTS filters etc, but on average, my downloads are around about 60k/sec. I've only recently had this installed, and am used to my (now expired) CellC stick which gave me 16mb on average.

When working it seems fine, just with downtime it would be nice to see some service without having to report it 3 times before Telkom take you seriously. Then lose the nonsense with saying you will be charged for unnecessary callout fee!
    Ianf1

Speed - 2
    I have not gotten the best speed for the line. Speed test (local as well) are always below what it should be. Max 96Kbps
    Speed has gotten worse so definitively on average below the advertised speeds.

Reliability - 5
    OK gotta give Telkom this. For me rain has never been a problem and I have always been able to connect to the ISP so reliability is very good. So give it a 5 compared to my previous line that would go down after the rain.

Stability- 2.
    Latency varies very often.
    I am close to office block so I have noticed problems when they arrive so I can only assume congestion.

So on average I give a 3

What they can improve is upgrade 1Mbps to higher speeds to counter latency issues. They can also allow the option of not having to pay for telephone rental since i don't use it.

Not a bad connection, didn't have downtime yet (got it for about a month now).

I agree with other users about dropping the price of the adsl line. For R149 I've taken out a vodacom mofaya and that includes 4G (2+2)

The telkom comes with a good wifi modem which gives good signal at distance also.

Speed: Good overall
    Stability: A little slow during the day
    Reliability: Not too bad but does drop connection every so often

Needs to be a LOT cheaper...
    Just a quick note: C#

I'm very happy with the speed, but as always things could be cheaper and faster.

Main thing they could do is throw in free land line rental....

It works as it should, I have had very very few incidents with it not working.
    It is more reliable than my Telkom line at work.

The price does need to be brought down though, or the speed increased.

• What can Telkom do to improve the service and make you a happier customer?
      Split ADSL and residential line cost.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast