Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

View Poll Results: Please rate your Telkom ADSL 4Mbps connection on speed, stability and reliability

Voters
330. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Excellent (much better than expected)

62 18.79%
  • 4 Good (better than expected)

98 29.70%
  • 3 Fair (exactly as expected)

89 26.97%
  • 2 Bad (worse than expected)

54 16.36%
  • 1 Pathetic (much worse than expected)

27 8.18%
Page 1 of 15 1 234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Telkom ADSL 4Mbps Please rate your connection

Default Telkom ADSL 4Mbps Please rate your connection

Hi there

Can you please rate your Telkom ADSL connection on speed, stability and reliability? Do you get what you expected, or is your experience better or worse than what you expected.

Important: Please only rate your connection, NOT your ISP (that will come later)

It will be great if you can also tell us:

• What can Telkom do to improve the service and make you a happier customer?

Please post your comments in this thread (by posting your views you will stand a chance to win an iPad 2).

Been happy with my 4Mbps line since day one.Line always been stable and reliable,even when bumped to 10Mbps.Can max the line speed if need be,no problem.

Telkom service has been great for me when I had the odd issue with my line.Quick turnover times.
    I do think though that Voice and Adsl rental can be split to make pricing better.

Mine's stable and fine. However, I am pretty fricking annoyed that my line is good for 13mbps but Telkom say my exchange can only support 6mbps.

8mb cannot complain
    #FREEISRAEL

For the past month my connection has been excellent.
    However it must be said that in the 3 months prior to that my ADSL line was awful and I was suffering disconnects on a daily basis.I had to log faults on 3 separate occasions and it took 3 months to sort out a problem which could have been dealt with quite easily with some basic troubleshooting skills.The skills of the Techs who attended to my line problem were sorely lacking and in some instances I felt like I knew more about basic ADSL concepts than they did.

Cancelled, too poor to use ! Illovo, Joburg.

Exchange completely congested.
    Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    It's as if SANRAL is the little handle being used to start flushing SA's economy straight down the sewerage pipes.

6Mbps; had it for over 2 years, I've had to log maybe 3 faults in that time and they were all sorted within a day or two. So no real complaints. Speed is good enough for me, very stable

Compared to the mobile providers Telkom is a blessing but they are still gangsters
    #FREEISRAEL

I am happy with the service, they were very quick to upgrade my line, but i expected to be syncing at 4mbs, not between 2.8 and 3.8. It has been more stable than earlier in the year, doesn't disconnect too often.

I said fair, but I still only sync at 2Mbps because it would disconnect all the time on 4Mbps. It seem pretty stable now, so will check if I can get it up to 4Mbps again.

Sometimes when it rains the line is a bit troublesome, so if they can look into that it would be awesome.
    Engineering - this is where the semi-skilled workers realize the work of better minds. Hello, Oompah-Loompahs of science.

I am happy with the line speed, but there are a lot of noise. I had to get a TP Link modem in order to sync at the correct speed.

Paying for 4mb, barely getting 1mb, after being promised that it will be a '10 mb' house, before we moved in.
    Randomly disconnects from the exchange during weekdays, between 17:00 and 18:00, they cannot figure that out either.

If I had any other choice I would not be a customer.

Been pretty happy with my line, any problem I ever had was ISP related.

4mb Telkom ADSL line has been stable since day 1, come rain or shine it works. Granted I live only 500m away from the nearest DSLAM :P

Fair! I have yet to see download speeds exceeding 800kbps, although speed test tells me the DL speed is around 3.8mpbs on average. Rainy weather causes disconnects, probably due to old and above the ground infrastructure.

Page 1 of 15 1 234511 ... LastLast