Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

View Poll Results: Please rate your Telkom ADSL 4Mbps connection on speed, stability and reliability

Voters
330. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Excellent (much better than expected)

62 18.79%
  • 4 Good (better than expected)

98 29.70%
  • 3 Fair (exactly as expected)

89 26.97%
  • 2 Bad (worse than expected)

54 16.36%
  • 1 Pathetic (much worse than expected)

27 8.18%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 LastLast

Thread: Telkom ADSL 4Mbps Please rate your connection

My connection has worked perfectly from day one. My line went dead just over a week ago, and after contacting Telkom they sent a very nice and switched on guy the next day and he spent ages finding the problem and rewiring a large segment of the landline. Can't complain about anything other than the price when it comes to Telkom.

Mines up and down all the time, sometimes it's awesome and then not so much

What can Telkom do to improve the service and make you a happier customer?

Fix the bloody lines!!

My line is stable now, has been since two excellent technicians came and sorted it out. Both however said that the lines in my area are ancient, unreliable and are in dire need of being replaced.

Overall my line is fine, but occasionally I have sync/snr issues and noise & humming on the line when making calls, not a filter problem, it's noise on the old cables.

Telkom need to invest in their infrastructure and maintain their equipment if they want to keep customers.

Fair only,syncs at 2mbps but would've been happy if I got full 4mbps.

I'm in Hennopspark. My 4mbit worked well for a year. Then about 2 months back out of the blue i start noticing my 4mbit suddenly drags feet and consistently gets less than 1mbit on speedtest.net. I've been on numerous calls to Telkom since and they keep blaming my isp. The isp ensures me my package are unshaped so nothing they can do and blames telkom. They've been voted high or best isp in country consistently so not sure it'll help me to change that. So one thing i can say is that round about the time this all happened i noticed my adsl modem started to sync at 8mbit so someone somewhere couldn't keep his dirty paws at bay and thought he was doing well but instead skrewed me and now frustrates me to no end, let alone waists my time trying to sort this. I've changed modems to rule that out. All line stats (snr+attenuation) seems to be within reasonable margins according to this forum. I've had telkom tune down my speed back to 4mbit but that didn't help. This can only be one thing: whichever exchange i'm connected to has become severely congested and leaves me paying 4mbit rates for 1mbit service. Will the Koreans please take over and fix this mess!!!!

100% QOS. Pity the speed upgrades haven't appeared at my exchange.

4mb/s is bad in the musgrave area, apparently its on an exchange that is riddles with errors, i voted 2, my block of flats has a detriating lead cable connecting from the street, Telkom refuse to fix it because they want us to pay for the ducting, teh body corporate wont , so telkom refuse to replace their cable, i should of voted 1.

Excellent. Never had any problems. Very happy with my speed too

If I can get close to 4Mbs on a 4Mbs line instead of <.5Mbs I will be a happy customer.
    I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Line has been perfect since i moved into my new place 2.5 years ago, no line issues telkom havent been out once as there has been no need. Even got the speed increase to 8mb and cant complain.
    "Go where no south african has gone before, Telkom DSL"

Mine is good, it could be excellent if I did not have to call at times to have the Port reset. If Telkom could shorten the route one has to use to get to ADSL support and reduce the unnecessary cost associated with line rental it would be wow!

My 4mbps line is running rather well considering that I am only suppose to get a 1 meg line in my area. I only wish they would upgrade the area to 10mbps and that the prices could drop a bit. Futher than that no issues what so ever
    Last edited by ReBeL25; 19-09-2012 at 04:37 PM.

My connection is stable and I tend to get the speeds that I would expect. I just wish they would give suburbs in Pretoria the same speed hike (10mbps) that they have given to other areas throughout the country.
    Welcome to the Animal Farm!!!

Good. Have had very little issues with the line, it's been down two times on the last 5 years of so, and every time it's be resolved very quickly. Been upgraded from 4 Mbps to 6 Mbps .

Line has been stable since day 1; maybe goes down once a year and then only for an hour. Wish my 512k upload speed could be bumped up tho.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 LastLast